Judging

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have read that we are only meant to judge the deeds of people and not the people themselves... but I just feel I know these people are going to have sinful conversation and this helps keep me away from sin.. so this judging helps me keep away from sin ... and if you are going to preach to people you choose people who you think are living a sinful life which their actions make u think like smoking , swearing non stop.. but who u think are willing to listen and not swine... am I right?
but isnt this judging people as sinful.. but u cant judge whether a person is repentant or unrepentant which is the main important thing.. because we are washed clean by the blood of Jesus when we repent.. right?

Comments

• sry, but i don't get wat u mean? ::)
  • I have read that we are only meant to judge the deeds of people and not the people themselves... but I just feel I know these people are going to have sinful conversation and this helps keep me away from sin.. so this judging helps me keep away from sin ...

If I wanted to preach preach to people I would choose people who I think are living a sinful life which their actions make me think like smoking , swearing non stop.. but who u think are willing to listen and not swine [those who will not tear you in pieces ? ] ...those who I think are weary of their life and sin.. am I right? ..
    but is this judging people as sinful wrong?.. to me it doesnt seem to be ...but I think I shouldnt judge whether a person is repentant or unrepentant only but you know if they live sinfully or not by what they show

It still might not make sense sorry just answer parts that make sense if you can :)

• I think I get what you mean lol,

but you know, how can you judge a deed without judging the person? I mean, if an atheist smokes, it's different than if a christian smokes (to me i guess). And if you want to judge something, you have to know all about the person, thats what they do in court. (someone who already had commited something will be punished harder than someone who had'nt) So I think we should just stick to the do-not-judge-rule, it's hard though.

But something you can do is just talk to them, to everyone who's commiting sin (some things are just wrong, that's not judging because it's in the Bible), because if you choose the people you'll talk to you're labeling them, as you said.

And, think again before you go preaching: are you Holy? Haven't you commited sin before? Won't people tell you: well go look at yourself before you come talk to me?

I'm sorry, maybe I sound harsh, but I don't mean it like that ;)...

Rabena ma3ek
  • But some seem more like they will listen because society makes them guilty from their sin aswell like smokers? do u think they would feel guilty if society didnt care? maybe they still will... most ppl dont care if ppl smoke but I think (I may be one of them) but there are judgmental pppl who think less of them as a person for smoking (or I may be this type?).
  • but there are judgmental pppl who think less of them as a person for smoking

I don't know if in that case it's still considered as judging for the deed...God loves us all, and I mean, maybe we don't smoke, but we commit other sins. Does that make us less of a person to God?? Ofcourse not! If so, no one would get into heaven, right?

WWJD? Jesus never said to someone: You are wrong, or what you do is wrong. And He is GOD. Then what gives us the right to tell ppl what they do is wrong? Take the example when Jesus wrote in the sand for the Farisees: 'Let the one without sin throw the first stone'. (I'm sorry for not having the exact words right now)

And, like I said before, talk in general, so that you won't judge and/or give the idea you are judging.
  • God loves everyone, even the devil.

Jesus Christ calls us to hate the sin, not the sinner.
  • God loves everyone, even the devil.

whattttt?

uh?
  • actually, i think the devil is the one thing we're allowed to hate...
  • No, God god does not hate the sinner (even the devil). He hates the sin.

We, however, are supposed to think nothing of the devil (neither love or hate).

But, yes, God loves Everyone
  • [quote author=StVictor link=board=10;threadid=2583;start=0#msg42111 date=1131322123]
    No, God god does not hate the sinner (even the devil). He hates the sin.

We, however, are supposed to think nothing of the devil (neither love or hate).

But, yes, God loves Everyone

yes [glow=red,2,300]God[/glow] LOVES EVERYONE

Like the Holy Bible said Love your enemies, and Our Lord does not hate the devil, even though the devil wanted to be higher than our Lord, the Lord forgives everyone, even the ones that do not worship or refuse to worship!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent