Blessed are the pure in heart...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.

In today's world, how can we train ourselves to go against all odds and become pure and simple?

Comments

• MarMar your other one that talks about the mourn, well including this one it's called the beatitudes!

To Train Yourself:
    1) be honest and trustworthy to others and to yourselves
    2) be loving and caring with others
    3) show that your helpful, and be a person who shares
    4) don't be a selfish person
    5) pray everyday, and read the bible, and go to church whenever you get the chance!
  • (cough media cough cough)

lol.... im sry that just made me laugh

Now. Back on topic. Ok, I really shouldn't be one to talk, but just try to stay away from these things... I know what you mean, sometimes they're inaviodable. What I do when this happens is I kinda like shake my head to get the thought out, and I push it away as much as I can. But I know that its a sin in itself that I that the thought even ocurred to me. So how do we stop? I guess, each time push the thought out harder, and once its out I don't let it go, make yourself feel guilty about that. Its kinda hard, with this society; ie. drugs and that sort of stuff everywhere. I mean everywhere you turn its there....

Now I've been blabbing on about absolutely nothing, but maybe they're some value in there...