Comparing one to one another

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Can I know your opinion about comparing someone to something or someone to another person!

Comments

• theres a fine line between comparison and judgement through comparison. is that wat u mean? im not sure 8)
  • i disagree with it all together. when we compare 2 ppl, we say each one's negatives and positives, right. we are in no position to do that, as that is judgement.
  • well comparing one another!lets see...THATS WRONG!!
    god created everyone have his own negative and positive things we don't have to do that!
    because when u do that u r cometing a sin!
    because u r judjing 1 another...and thats another problem!
    i hope that helped! ;)
  • Christ4Life are you saying that it is never right to compare two people. I hope that I am misunderstanding what you are saying. Take the following example.

I know that Mr. X is very good with numbers and budgeting, but he is not very good when it comes to fashion. On the other hand, Mrs. G is ver good at decorating, but is not very good with numbers. Now say that I need to pick someone to be church treasurer and someone to help design the iconstasis and curtains of the church. Is it wrong to compare the talents of the two individuals to decide who should do which job? I certainly would not consider it wise to give have Mrs. G as the treasurer and Mr. X design the curtains and iconstasis. There are times when comparisons are absolutely necessary.

However, if you ask me, "Who is a better person Mr. X or Mrs. G?" I would say that is not mine to say, only God can make that judgment.
  • However, if you ask me, "Who is a better person Mr. X or Mrs. G?" I would say that is not mine to say, only God can make that judgment.

That is what I meant by comparing. Trying to say or tell who is a better person, that is DEFINITELY wrong.
  • well marmar...thats rit but when like my mom say i want you to be like that person because he/she r good...but i don't know thats confusing!
  • lol AMEN TO THE LAST TWO POSTS! my mom used to do that to me when i was younger, compare me to other ppl, n that used to really hurt me. n now with my little brother my dads always says to him, be like ur sister, n thats annoying too, omg...
  • man egyptian parents will be egyptian parents! theres no avoiding it lol
    in egypt, el setaat mabeybataloush kalam 3ala 7agat haifa lol its a cultural thing
  • lol ur not alone.... but that really is annoying u know? yea u do lol
  • lol digression is part of the plan, its actually one of the reasons we learn so much from each other ;D
  • what do you mean
  • well because we get off topic we learn alot about each other and are corrected of any misconceptions we may have had about the topic at hand or any other topic
  • Quote from: MarMar91 on September 18, 2005, 09:44:43 PM
    Quote from: EpNomos EnTaio on September 18, 2005, 09:25:30 PM
    man egyptian parents will be egyptian parents! theres no avoiding it lol
    in egypt, el setaat mabeybataloush kalam 3ala 7agat haifa lol its a cultural thing

lol
    amen to that!!

but I guess im not considered a "sit" then..lol
    thats fine by me..
    lol..
    ya, im so not gunna be that way.. I was nor born or brought up in Egypt, that part is not in the blood, not that i have at least, i know how annoying it is, so im not gunna go n do it when i get older...

lol
    notice how we went from comparing people to Egyptian paretns,i knew that was coming, oops, i brought it up..lol

well...thats a good point...not egyptian parents only r like that...aottt of american people r like that...and i hate when people say something rude about egyptians...well u r egyptian too(not talking specific)but u r egyptians!!