Electing a new egyptian president

2»

Comments

• If only we had a Christian president ::).
  • haha yea that would be awesome eh? :o but totally not realistic.

Anyways, i was watching aljazeeera and i saw like a mob of muslims chanting "bel tool bel 3ard hengeeb Shenouda lil ard". For those who cant read that kinda arabic it basically means "Whatever it takes, we're going to bring Shenouda to the ground!"... :(.

I also heard another lil chant the copts made and it was " ya baba ool wehtem wi7na nefdeek bel dam". Which basically means "Pope Shenouda, speak for our rights, and we will defend you with our blood". So yea, things are really tense between the muslims and Christians in Egypt, im assuming.

Which is why we are thankful to have Hosni Mubarak as president because he is neutral....whereas if another person governed Egypt he may be vunerable to the muslims command (and that is to cease Christianity)
  • OM :o :o I heard sumething abut this too. it makes me so sad.
  • [quote author=Maryann23_©oP† link=board=13;threadid=2442;start=30#msg42991 date=1132698823]
    haha yea that would be awesome eh? :o but totally not realistic.

Anyways, i was watching aljazeeera and i saw like a mob of muslims chanting "bel tool bel 3ard hengeeb Shenouda lil ard". For those who cant read that kinda arabic it basically means "Whatever it takes, we're going to bring Shenouda to the ground!"... :(.

I also heard another lil chant the copts made and it was " ya baba ool wehtem wi7na nefdeek bel dam". Which basically means "Pope Shenouda, speak for our rights, and we will defend you with our blood". So yea, things are really tense between the muslims and Christians in Egypt, im assuming.

Which is why we are thankful to have Hosni Mubarak as president because he is neutral....whereas if another person governed Egypt he may be vunerable to the muslims command (and that is to cease Christianity)

That's so sad, I wish God may give Pope Shenouda a long life, and may he provide us with the faith and care we are supposed to have, and Welcome Egygurl, Hope you enjoy your time here!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent