Special Request!!

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
[coptic]nofri Sai[/coptic],
Hello I was wondering if anybody has any Liturgies, teachings, anything at all from Fr. Shenouda Maher Ishak. I know that Fr. Shenouda serves in Rochester , NY. So if possible if anybody could upload anything... i would love to hear anything from anyone in his area. I found great him information about Fr. Shenouda on www.rochcopts.org , but no recordings. Also, If anybody has anything from Fr. Shenouda Hanna. I would love to hear the Old Bohairic from Fr. Shenouda. I have heard that he is one of the many few, as Bishop Demetrious and his family who spoke Coptic fluently. This is so amazing, how they kept the language so alive. If anybody has any info please share. thanks.
P.S. I have read the info on rochcopts.org , its great information.

Attached is a picture of Fr. Shenouda Maher, its nice to know we still have these people still living among us. :)

[coptic]sep`hmot `ntotk emasw[/coptic]

Comments

• http://www.saintmina-holmdel.org/Multimedia/index.php

here it gives you lots of liturgies from St. Cyril, St. Gregory, and St. Basil
  • I already have every Liturgy from that website, yet I have a SPECIAL REQUEST for Abouna Shenouda Maher.
    Thanks though.
  • man...i love my abouna...i didn't know he was so famous like that.
    I go to St. Mark Rochester, and he is my abouna there...all of what I have to say about him is that he is just a great man living among us...we are so blessed to have him serve our congregation, yet not everyone appreaciate that.
    As I know, Abouna Shenouda teaches in the eklerkyia school in Egypt, and he is very fluent in coptic, he is one of the few who still reads the bible in coptic until now. He also has many books written by him, and a few hymns as well. The church website does not have that many info on him, but I think it will be updated soon. Anyway...we do sell in our church tapes and books by Father Shenouda but no Cds...so ya even if i do have them...I think it will be hard to upload them here, there is a website that has one of his hymn on it...and that's about the only thing I found on the net done by him...

http://www.copticheritage.org/PagEd+index-page_id-768.phtml

One last thing I want to say about that great abouna is that if it wasn't for him and his prayers...we wouldn't have expended our church and we wouldn't have started thinking about the monastery that will hopefully going to be build soon in a land across from the church, by the way that land has a bit of a miracle to it, and all thanks to the prayers of Abouna Shenouda. We are very thankful to have him here serving the church, and I am very blessed to be one of the few who could experience his knowledge.
    Srry couldn't help in anyway...
    but you are more than welcome to come visit anytime and have his blessing. :)
  • well he does have a different proncuition of coptic...like the original proncuition but he doesn't serve in canda...but we are about three hours away from canda so that might be why then
  • i am about 7 hrs driving from NJ and NYC...and an hour flying
    I am close to other states than my own...lol
    Ya i am in the far north of it...it's called upstate NY
  • lol probably 6 hrs or so if u live in NJ and u are an hr away from it...then i am 6 to 8 hrs driving from SI
  • lol yup...i don't think he travels that often thou...his few trips are to Egypt and the ones to Nj is when the pope is here...we might not be talking about the same one after all..lol..
    but the one kingofpeace was asking about is definetly my priest.
  • lol i have no idea...too sad he doesn't teach us the hymns thou
  • man this priest looks like an angle his face is lighting in the pic!can you guys see that?