RI Convention

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
THE COPTIC CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST MENA IN CRANSTON RHODE ISLAND IS PLANNING TO HAVE A CONVENTION ON OCTOBER 7,8,9 COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND. WITH THE PRAYERS OF FR MARCOS GIRGIS, IT WILL BE TAKEN PLACE IN THE MARRIOT HOTEL IN MILLFORD MA AND WILL BE OPEN TO ALL COPTIC YOUTH AGES 16+. THIS WILL BE THE FIRST ANNUAL CONVENTION WE ARE HOPING FOR A BIG TURN OUT AND FOR MANY YOUTH TO REGISTER. THE PRICES ARE STILL NOT DECIDED YET BUT WILL BE IN THE RANGE OF $100-150. ALOT OF ACTIVITIES WILL BE GOING ON AND GUEST SPEAKERS ALSO, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] (ME) FOR MORE INFORMATION... THIS CHURCH REALLY NEEDS YOUR HELP MAKING THIS POSSIBLE. YOU CAN ALSO REPLY TO THIS TOPIC I WILL CHECK IT OFTEN...

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

PRAY FOR ME.....

:)

Comments

• so...how are we suppose to help?
  • uh...lol i can't!sorry! :-\ have fun in the convention! :D
  • well the convention's held in Mass. but that's even farther for us ppl in NJ (me and MarMar anyways)...
  • well its only 3 hours away from rhode island and i am sure if you try to bring some other people it will be great. if you are willing to come definatly we will come pick you up, i am originally from nj. it will be good to have you if you can definatly come. please try to let all of your other friends know about it...spread it all around nj.

thanks for your help
  • we will come pick you up

are you sure your church can come and pick me up from florida in clearwater!if so i can think about going!
  • o sorry lol, i thought you were in nj....well pray for us then.

dan
  • thats what i thought!have fun!i will pray for you and your church and who ever else is going!
  • i think my church may be interested.....we where planning on having a youth convention for the college around that time. So if you could give me some more info about it that would be great. My email is [email protected] or PM me.
    Thanx
  • hey is it possible that you send information to the priests in the churches of the Tri-State area, that would probably motivate more youth to attend, I kno it my church St. George Brooklyn, New York it would be a good idea to send info to the priest this way he can say it in any of the lectures or youth meeting, and we'll motivate each other to attend.. God bless you and May the work of the Holy Spirit be amoung your church
    -sandra
  • wow thats great, i agree, i think you should send out information to the priests in all the different churches .. nd send emails out nd stuff..
  • hi guys i thank you all for comming, we will invite the priests and the churchs' asap. in the mean time the program and applications are getting worked on, a very good idea would be if you guys have any suggestions on what activities would interest you, please stay in touch for more information and pray for the convention.

dan
  • ACTIVITIEs hmmm... GAME NIGHTTT lol , and maybe like sports tournamnets organzied ones not where the players keep score.. those NEVER work out, and around 3-4 lectures over the weekend.. don't over book us lol thats pretty much it ... retreats are all pretty cool you meet lot sof ppl. its nice -sandra
  • when we make the schedule i will definatley include that. thank you. will you be comming and how many other people about?thank you

dan
  • Yes i'll defently try my best to come, if we can get a good load of ppl i would say roughly around maybe 10-15 more if th echurch is notified and if we are able to rent a van for everyone, once the church is notified make sure you ask thatthe priest indicate it to th youth, not just skip over it like any type of retreat.. MAY god bless you and your church for its work
    -Sandra A.
  • hey may you tell me what church your from?

thank you i will keep you all updated
  • Im from St. George Church Brooklyn, New York, and here if we are on a short notice of trips we uauslly aren't provided rides thats why i asked that you notify the priests and stress the fact thats its a good retreat etc. lol do your thing man i trust you

-Sandra A.
  • HELLO EVERYONE AGAIN, JUST THANKING EVERYONE FOR BIENG PATIENT WITH THIS PROJECT AND ASKING QUESTIONS REALLY IS HELPING. IN THE MEAN TIME THE APPLICATIONS AND FLYERS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE BY NEXT SUNDAY. FLYERS AND NOTICES WILL BE SENT TO PRIEST AND CHURCHES AS SOON AS WE GET CONFIRMATION ON THE SPEAKERS AND PRICES. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL:

WHAT KIND OF FOOD YOU WOULD LIKE
    WHAT KIND OF ACTIVITIES YOU WOULD LIKE
    ANY OTHER THINGS JUST PM OR EMAIL ME

[email protected]
  • I am from MenaD's church. He is nice.
  • THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS PROJECT. SOON WE WILL HAVE CONFIRMATION ABOUT WHAT SPEAKERS WILL BE ATTENDING AND MUCH MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE PRICES, TIMES, ETC. IN THE MEAN TIME IF ANY CHURCH HAS ANY INTEREST IN HELPING AND/OR ATTENDING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] and the website for this convention is still bien updated but all things will be there. The website will be www.freewebs.com/youthconvention also if anyone has any suggestions about activities that you would like please let me know... god bless you all

dan