Can some one explain this verse to me: What is meant by dreamers??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Jude 1:8
8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.

What is meant exactly by dreamers in this instance??

Comments

• hey marmar in alot of verses you need to look at the verse before that and after the verse
  • i read almost half of the chapter now and what i got is it is all about how people do stuff with thier bodies and lose thier purity and forget about the lord!i know but i think i am going to finish it tommorow!hope that helped although i didn't finish it! :-\
  • "The false teachers were arrogant and had their own agenda. They had not been commissioned by the church nro called by the Holy Spirit. Jude calls these ungodly persons DREAMERS, perhaps beacuse they claimed divine revelation, but more likely because they denied the Lord and thus were living in an unreal world of deception."

...also pure people do not have unpure or unclean dreams of sexual immorality among other things, their dreams are pure and it's been said many times that when you are Holy at heart then you praise God even in your sleep...so maybe to add to what my Holy Bible says above...the people were always in a dream world thinking of these bad things and thinking of ways of deception to change people to what they believed, and also in terms of sexual immorality, for males, males that do not conduct in sexual immorality and live sexual lives, meaning they stay away from those temptations; to the best of my knowledge, they will not have nocturnal emissions, which also brings upon more sin in terms of fornication and masturbation, which relates to the prior quote in Jude 1:7 that's talking about the sexual immorality of Sodom and Gomorrah.

=)

God Bless Us All
    Pray for Eachother
  • There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven" ECCLESIATES 3:1
    hi,
    about that u said that you're a dreamer some1 told me before to avoid dreaming and thinkin' about these things it's better to keep the half an hour be4 u sleep to read the bible or any other spiritual books or repeat some psalms and that worked with me cos what i know is that even if you're just dreaming or thinking about bad things it is a sin, so perhaps that might work with u and may be it does make since now!

In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world
    John 16:33

your sister monica