This verse seems insulting and confusing, a little help here??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What is implyed by this verse:
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

What is that first part about!?? >:(

Comments

• i think it has something to do with these verses, because i think that's what they are referring to in Hebrews:

Psalm 8:3-5
    8:3When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
    8:4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
    8:5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

so i think what they meant in Hebrews 2:9 was that since Jesus was a human on the earth, as it says in psalm 8, man is made a little lower than the angels, so that's why it would have applied to Jesus..
    but that's just my understanding..
    if anyone could specify a bit more, that would be great! :)

God bless you marmar!

laura
  • The form of a man is less than that of an Angel. Thus at the Incarnation of God, He became even less than the Angels, out of His humility and Love for the sake of our Salvation. This is the point St Paul reiterates in Phillipians 2:5-8:

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Peace.
  • thanks iqbal that helped me too. :)

god bless u

laura