What does this verse mean exactly??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Psalm 110:1
The Lord said to my Lord,
"Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

I always thought I knew what this verse meant, but I want to be sure.
What exactly does this verse mean, all of it, I want to know who are the 2 Lords, who is the enemy, and how will they be a footstool?

Comments

• In this verse we understand that God the Father is speaking to God the Son, after His great salvation, triumph over death and ascension to the heaven of heavens.

Sitting at the right hand means power as in:
    “ I keep the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.” Psalm 16:8
    "The right hand of the LORD does valiantly,
    16: the right hand of the LORD is exalted, the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!” Psalm118:16-17

From now on “Your enemies”, the enemies of the Lord Jesus Christ, are the enemies of the Church, the enemies of the faithful believers, The Devil, the world and the flesh
    “He encircled him, he cared for him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.” Deu 33:10,
    “For he who touches you touches the apple of his eye.” Zechariah 2:8
    “ The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;
    from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,” Psalm 33:13-14

“ Till ”, in this sitting takes the meaning of continuous, until You bring Your Bride the Church to be with us in the Throne of God.

• Hello Mar,

The Bride of Christ is the Church, she is you and me and every baptised member of the Church and also future ones and even theos who are still outside, Christ are working to bring them to the household of God. She is the body of the Lord on earth,
    “ Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
    that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
    that he might present the church to himself in splendour, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.” Ephesians 5:25-27

The Lord Jesus Christ is victorious, He defeated all the kingdom of darkness on the cross and by His glorious resurrection, He won over the last enemy, the death.
    Now His enemies are our enemies , bad thought, sinful desires, lust, sinful conducts,.........He works in us to bring His victory to our struggle, “ My Father works up till now and I work “