The devil...

edited August 2005 in Faith Issues
Is there a chance for the devil to repent??

It sounds stupid, I know, but I mean, after all, he WAS an angel who decided he didn't want to be one anymore...

So what if he gets to feel sorry once for what he did?
I think he won't LOL...but yea...I was just wondering...
Anyone??

GBU

Comments

• NOPE, i don't think there is any chance for the Devil Whatsoever....

i do have a valid reason, jus aint got tome to explain... its kinda hard...
    soo, wen i get time, ill tell yall my reason.

God Bless.

PS. EL shataan shater.
  • The Devil, by his nature, dose not feel remorse to repent or acknowledge that there is something wrong in his deeds. His nature is fire, he can’t change that, as the fire, because it is hot or burn, can’t change it’s nature and becomes other thing as for example water.

On the other hand, the nature of human are material, flesh, and spirit and soul. They can acknowledge mistakes, feel consequences of their wrong doing and ultimately repent.
  • Great answers guys, thnx for replying ;)

But I'd love to hear more opinions, views and facts :D

So yea...REPLY...NOW!!

lol ;D
  • Satan had the chance to repent but because he got jealous of our Heavenly Father, he can't he tempts us, God's allows him to test us whether we believe in him or not! And Irini you brought up a great point Satan was an Archangel, but his name had the word satan in it I don't remember the name though, and by the way God knew Satan would get jealous of because God knows all things before it happens!
  • I think his name was Lucifer, right??

Does anyone know where in the Bible the story of the devil is written?
  • I think so
  • ok, at some point in time all angels had their own free will, and they had to freely give that will to God. Satan, and any1 else who did not give that will to God, turned into devils. So satan had his chance to repent and he didn't. If anyone has the Bible portion that would be nice, and anyone feel free to correct me, i just heard this around here somewhere.
  • funny how i did diabolic wars as my topic. So no.. the Devil wont repent... he is ENVIOUS and does anything and everything to make us.. Gods children fall... he is UNFAITHFUL AND DISHONEST... he lies about God and uses verses in the Bible against us... and he is POWERFUL... however.. he has no power unless we give it to him... also.. he has no power w.o the consent of a priest (exorcist) or God himself... I dont think there will ever be any sort of agreement between God and the devil...
  • Coptic Servant, I believe it is written somewhere in Isaiah...I could be wrong....

GBU
  • hey,
    he cant repent because he wasnt tempted he fell by his own accord abouna told me that once

aghape,
    chris
  • Isaia 14

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

if the devil would be saved, that would mean everybody will be saved, because he is the only one who tempted himself. All other (angels and) humans fell through his temptations.
  • Thanks Moomoo
  • Kiahk flashback :o
    lol, in the madee7a Agioc Otheoc, he's referred to as Sataneel as well. The addition "el" always means God, like for instance Michaël means "He who is like God", so maybe that last part of his name got "deleted" when Satan turned away from the source of light and life.
  • hi, :)
    all i know is that because the devil is an angel and not like human weak and can fell in sins but only by the help of God he can be forgiven but angels are not like us they are under no need to sin they don't need to eat and drink to live so why will they sin?
  • satan was an archiangel called [sataniel]
  • no his name was Lucifer. He was kicked out of Heaven because of his envy and he wanted to be as powerful as God himself.
  • then who is sataniel?
  • okay im going to try to help a little bit if i can........

The cause of evil in the world is the devil and the devil was created by God as an angel, who was free, and as a free agent chose to oppose the plan of God... so the devil is a fallen angel. Satan is not evil by nature, but by will and action and in Satan there is no truth whatsoever he is true deception. Satan is not just deprivation of good, but a force with free will that always chooses evil. The devil constantly employs every method of deception to enslave man and causes rebellion against God. He is the cause of corruption and disorder in the world that will ultimately be destroyed by the power of God in the "last days." Because there is no compromise between God and the devil, the struggle will continue until the end. And since there is no compromise between God and the devil Satan will never repent...... hope i didnt bore anyone.... :)
  • Sataneel is the name of the Archangel who fell and became Lucifer/Devil/Satan
  • Satan was an anointed Cherub who was perfect in his ways from the day he was created. till inquity was found in him. Ezekiel 28:13-19, Isaiah 14:12-21. Its seems as if he had a dwelling in the heavens, In the mountians of God from the midst of the stones of fire. His Pride it is what took him down from the hights of heaven. He was even present during the creation of earth, but Satan will not be saved he has no savior, salvation was brought to earth for the decendents of Adam. We are in Gods Image if that dose not make you leep for joy what will. Rejoice in God your Saviour.