Luke 11:34-

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Luke 11:34- a lamp helps us to see clearer and it reveals things. We only need a little bit of light to see and God uses that as an analogy and it reveals things as we walk. It’s the lamp of the body. Your eyes will see everything. Through sight we make lots of opinions and decisions. Your eyes reveal everything to you and make everything visible and when we are in darkness we can only see shadows. *Second half of verse* He doesn’t say bad but rather says darkness and instead of good He says light. In the first bit of the second part it says let the light switch on so everyone sees the light then the second part makes sense because darkness is bad. The eye is attached to the body so if your eye is good and pure you’ll see everything good. If we remove the eye out of our head the eye would be useless. God is saying what you do with the stuff you see, the way you process it is through your heart and mind and through the good things you show light and through the bad you show darkness.
Usually teenagers mostly girls have a negative outlook on life always and if you are not aware of it it will become a bad habit. How many times do you look at peers and you tear them apart. If you have a heart that tears other apart you have no purity because you are judging them for whatever reason. God found a man with leprosy and He didn’t judge him but He healed him instead also with the Samaritan woman God didn’t say “why did u ever create her?” but said to her go in peace. So when we look at others see the good in people not tear them apart. St Paul saw good even in the prisoners. When you have a good outlook people will be drawn to you because they see the good in you. We don’t want to be the wingers. When we speak or look at something we want people to see the light in us. If we look at some one and they walk funny or they stack it we shouldn’t tease them and think how funny they look rather think of a sin that you did earlier because that sin probably makes you look funnier than how they do. We should always take out the log from our eye before we look at the splinter in our brother’s eye. If you make an effort and pray to God and He will give you strength and you will be able to stop those habits. If you’re trying God is happy and if you fall God will pick you up again. Now we are at an age where ‘funniest home videos’ is on TV. but people that laugh at it are very low as the people are getting hurt. To have a heart that makes others want to know you because you have light is a gift from God. God used to walk and everyone used to follow Him, do we do that?.
We should learn to have a pure heart0 don’t laugh at people when they fall over, don’t be negative and have a positive outlook on life.
If those swimmers didn’t say I’m going to reach for gold then they will never win. ALWAYS try your best. There is a saying that goes ‘reach for the stars even if you miss at least you wont get a handful of dirt.
When a baby sees someone hurt they don’t laugh at them, but u notice they cry for them because they feel for them.
Take a look how innocent these children can be:
A Nun asked her class to write notes to God. Here are some they
handed in:
Dear God:
I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset You
made on Tuesday. That was cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear God:
Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why
don't You keep the ones You already have?
Dear God:
Maybe Cain and Abel would not have killed each other if they had
their own rooms. That's what my Mom did for me and my brother.
Dear God:
If You watch me in church on Sunday, I'll show You my new shoes.
Dear God:
I bet it is very hard to love everyone in the whole world. There
are only 4 people in our family and I'm having a hard time loving all of
them.
Dear God:
Is it true my father won't get into heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house?
Dear God:
Did You mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident?
Dear God:
Thank You for the baby brother, but I think you got confused
because what I prayed for was a puppy.
Dear God:
Please send me a pony. I never asked for anything before. You can look it up.
Dear God:
You don't have to worry about me; I always look both ways.
Dear God:
I think about You sometimes, even when I'm not praying.
You might think that it’s rude to speak to God like that but as you all know om el ghalaba- she used to go on visitations with Abouna and one day it was raining so she said to God “God if you don’t stop the rain I’m never going to go on visitations again or ever talk to you again.”, so God stopped the rain. When your eye is good, your whole body is full of light.

Glory be to God forever and ever Amen.