HH Pope Shenouda III opening the new monestary in texas :)

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey guys, hope u all are doin well
just wanted to inform yall that HH Pope Shenouda will be in Texas, Chorpus Christi and San Antonio to be exact and he will bless the new monestary on the name of st. mary and st. moses the black in Chorpus Christi, HH will have a meeting with the congregation on friday night the 19th of august at the monestary with the congregation and on saturday the 20th in the morning HH will pray the liturgy in the monestary and at evening he will pray the vesspers in St. anothony's church in SA and the liturgy on sunday...in addition, HGB Youssef will be also at the monestary on sunday night with the 5 new monks from egypt and they will do the vespers for st. mary's feast there and at 12:00 AM till 4:00 AM they will do tasbeha and from 4:00 AM till 6:30 AM they will do the liturgy of st. mary's feast so if any of you wanna take the blessing ur more than welcome to and it would be a great oppertunity for all of us to take the blessing of HH... thank u, pray for me plz :)

Comments

• Congratulation to the Southern U. S. Diocese and to all Copts who live nearby and special thanks to H.G. Bishop Youssef for his leadership.
    Great celebration with the blessing of H.H. Pope Shenouda’s visit and consecration of th new Monastery of St. Mary and St. Moses the Black.

I think this is now the third monastery in the U. S, Wow!!!!Rabena yezawed wa yekater Amen.
  • Congratulations!! Alf Mabroook! :D
  • I think this is now the third monastery in the U. S, Wow!!!!Rabena yezawed wa yekater Amen.

It's the second monastery in the US, there is one in California and that one. We are hopefully going to build the third one in Rochester, NY...rabena yedaber.

btw...Congratulations on the new monastery. :)
  • Mabrook on the new monastary in Texas
  • Marianne87,
    Isn't the monastery in Rochester, NY already by the name of St. Abba Shenouda? Or you mean, it is not yet built.
  • [quote author=Safaa link=board=11;threadid=2198;start=0#msg33675 date=1122585894]
    Marianne87,
    Isn't the monastery in Rochester, NY already by the name of St. Abba Shenouda? Or you mean, it is not yet built.

There isn't a monastery built yet, or anything for that matter. We just have a huge land across from the church, and we are trying to get some money to start building anything, because we are going to build a retreat house under the name of the pope, Pope Shenouda Retreat House, and we are going to build a monastery with the name of St. Shenouda the Archmandrite. The Pope already came and put the corner stone for both buildings, but there is no buildings yet.
    For more information on that, u can go to the church's website....
    www.rochcopts.org
  • Thanks Marianne,
    Now I get the whole story, and thanks for the excellent website. May God help the Church to accomplish this wonderful task.
  • wowow alf mabrook for the new monastry
    o3bal sydney for another 1 :) Rabena ma3akom mabrook for a second tym :D

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • Dudes....The monestary so awesome...and its next to a lake....My dad went down there a couple of days ago...said it has a lot of land....but it needs a lot of work. Anyways, I can't wait to see it when the pope comes