Marriage

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I did not have a chance to air something on topics relating to Sex, Contraception etc..............

Without going int these in details. Surely the question that we are all asking is that is this right thing to do (where the definition of right being the Christian / Coptic Orthodox thing).

Not even having to reserach any of these topics, it is clear to me that there must be a difference between MARRIED and UNMARRIED. This difference is your answer.

Comments

• there is no difference when u speak about an individual person cause they r both a path leading to God.

I liken it to a cup of water. Suppose one cup can contain 500 ml and another one 750 ml. If they are both full they cant contain more, and they reached their full capacity and potential quantity, so u cant say one is better than the other cause they both reached fullness and completed their purpose. Same with marriage, if God gave u a gift not to get married (this is from God and is not for every individual) its more likely that u can reach a higher spiritual level and a stronger bond with God (750 ml), but if u marry u can still reach ur full potential in spirituality according to the grace God gives u.

i'm sure this theory has all kinds of errors in it, but the id is simple, one is not better than the other, its just different, but the main goal for everybody is to reach their full potential in spirituality, just like in the parable of the talents.
  • You have misunderstood the topic I think.
    It's not about being Single or Marriage.
    Its about SEX, CONTRACEPTION, etc.... before and after Marriage.
  • oh in that case

pre marital sex is wrong and there's absolutely no excuse for it.

using the pill without being married is probably ok for medical reasons, and i believe there's a zilllion pages long discussion bout anti conception in marriage. I clearly stated before i think there's nothing wrong with it.
  • I agree about the medical issue.
    Whilst our church rules are clear cut for most cases, unfortuntly I deal with the lost penny or the lost sheep - the ones that do not fit and feel rejected and isolated.
    Certainly the insanity retrieve is an issue.
    However lets not go down that line because we'll get our knuckles rapped ! ;)