We shall overcome

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've created this topic so that we can share stories about over coming temptation and the Devil's work.

Please feel free to add and share (subject to Big Brother naturally).

Comments

• As moderator, it is my position not only to make sure the forum is in order but also to maintain the Orthodoxy of the forum, and in the course of this very minor yet significant part of my life I have indeed seen the devil operate thrugh Islamics, Protestants and yes, even so-called Orthodox Christians.

Unfortunately many people do not know what Orthodoxy is, or what distinguishes it from other deviant sects of Christianity; some even go as far as misrepresenting the Coptic Orthodox Church by casting their personal opinions on the matter as if they are authorities of the Church; Patriarchs, Bishops, priests, blessed Saints and Fathers. As moderator I surely must respect everyone's right to an opinion (even if that opinion be heteredox), but I also have the right to critisize and expose heteredox opinion (without compromise) if I feel one has erred regarding the Coptic Orthodox faith; whether in ignorance or deceit.

Unfortunately the devil does try hard to resist the Orthodox truth and in consequence certain people choose to distract the important issues at hand by resorting into a rage of ad hominem attacks, maybe even to a level of unhealthy obsession such that they must attack a certain individual in literally each and every post they create. It is said that by their fruits they shall be known, and those who choose to get personal instead of either engaging with the arguments and incorporating or dealing with the criticism, have only proven that they put their personal dignity over and above the eternal truth of Orthodoxy. This is indeed unfortunate, but we can only pray for these people, who are either a) Ignorant Orthodox Christians, or b) Deceivers under the guise of an Orthodox Christian.

Kyrie Eleison...