Who "took into account" the Old Testament?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
In other words, who actually sat down and wrote each part of the Old Testament?
Thanks guys... it doesnt get much clearer than that.......

Comments

• Well all I know is that the first five books were written by Moses while he was up on mt Sinai and then most of the other books of the prophets were named after the person who wrote them e.g. the book the book of Isaih was written by isiah the prophet etc.
    At least thats wat i think anyway.
  • Simeon also was writing a part in the old testament in which he foretold that a virgin will concive a child (ie- st mary) but he stoped and was like people will think im crazy for writing something like this and then an angel came and told his to write it down and that he will see this child that was conceived from a virgin. and he lived an old age but finally met jesus (read in the agpya prayer before sleeping, you'll find it there)

hope i helped
    if u don get me jus pm ;D
  • ya st simeon, was translating the old testament, from hebrew to greek, then he stopped at the verse "Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and will give birth to a son" (Isaiah 7:14), and he was going to write "woman" instead of "virgin" because he thought people would think thats crazy
  • Simon was only translating the bible...he didn't write anything

ya st simeon, was translating the old testament, from hebrew to greek, then he stopped at the verse "Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and will give birth to a son" (Isaiah 7:14), and he was going to write "woman" instead of "virgin" because he thought people would think thats crazy