Fear God

+
In the name of the Father and the Son and the
Holy Spirit one God Amen.
Fear of God in the early church
i read a book about the fear of God and it's talks about the early church and how people long time ago have full respect for church
people during liturgy no one keep going out/in during that holy time
for any reasons
so i was wondering what happen to those day why there is no such things
i want to ask each of you
what the different between the early church and now a days
nothing different expect we are the one who changed
i have a quick question?
and i hope to have an answer to it
in the early church they are very struck way that why they have become saints
well i want to know more information about the early church
especailly during the liturgy as i gave example above
i see now a days people they talk and laugh and joke during the liturgy why is that ?
St. John Chrysostom
+ what I am going to say is disagreeable , but I will say it nevertheless
when we assemble to hold communion with God and are in the process of glorifying God , some of you carry on your own private coversation and amusements. For example, prayer is going on, yet some of you both young and old are unconcerned. A sleepy indifference and boredom possesses you . You day-dream, and your eyes and attention roam all over the place. Again , I see others talking which the prayer is going on. They discuss private
matters of business, and gossip which the assembly holds
converse with God . Some even indulge in slander and mockery, thereby desecrating the Lord House.
While the priest is pronouncing the Blessing. I see people giggling at their own jokes and laughing outright; others shaking their heads, hearing and sneering with contempt .
Why do such gather here? To worship, or to manifest contempt for His Holy Place?
Do you not know that you stand in a Holy place, in the company of angels? with the angels , we chant and sing hymns! and yet, you stand here laughing ! Is what we do here a theatrical amusement?
1. what is the proper way of worship?
2.what was the structure of worship in the Early Church?

Comments

• thanks for sharing that with us!!!! that was really nice of u!!! lol
    batikha-basketball :D
  • this is really nice!thanx
  • USA_Yasmina, you have brought up a very good point. The proper way of worship was how they did it in the early chrurch. Standing quietly, trying as much as you can to understand and comprehend what is happening. Especially when the priest says to bow to the body and blood, because the Holy Spirit descends at that point.

What has changed the Church from 2,000 years ago to today? It didn't change. The church, its laws, ristrictions and liturgies have all stayed the same. What has changed is the people. WE loosen up the rules. WE change things to make them proper for us. Why? Simply society. The media and society have had a great effect on people. Yet there are still people who have not changed, or try their best not to change. These people are rare, yet they can be found.

Hope I helped
    Pray for me
    God be with all