Zen Zion Coptic Orthodox Church

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hello

I was skimming through a search engine for my church website when i came across this website about the Zen Zion Coptic Orthodox Church...Its unusual name caught my attention and i was curious to find out more since it had a totally different name then any regular Coptic Orthodox church . I found out that they are totaly different in their beliefs then us Coptic Orthodox ( Example; they allow males or females and gay or straight to become preists)
Does anyone know who they are and why they call themselves Coptic Orthodox even though they are different then us ?

Pray for me

Your Bro Kiro

PS this is the website
http://zzco.org/

Comments

• Wow i dont think that theyre even chrisitan, theyre probably just another cult. they sound more hindu than christian to me.
    Theyre probably like mormons, christians on the outside but far from it on the inside. "Wolfs in sheeps clothing" as it is said in the bible.

-Pete
  • but why would they call themselves coptic orthodox
  • ok they are definetly a bunch of stupid people with no morals....here is what was on the site

Although we celebrate The Sacred Herb specifically, ALL HERBS are ours, and ALL that bring one closer to Jah are considered Holy—These include, but are not limited to: marijuana, peyote, ergot, psiloscybin, salvia, etc.

there are more stupid stuff on there...WOW...wut a disgrace
  • Yea i think that they are just another cult that isnt christian at all, just like the Mormons. they are probably just a small heretical cult that no one has even heard of. I dont really get wat the words coptic orthodox mean in their name, becuase they are clearly not chrisitian.

-Pete
  • Many things I want to say:

1) Don't believe everything that's on the net. (like that site)

2) They mentioned Jesus' name once which proves that they can't be copts

3) There site was blahbing about an unknown character whopse name it is a shame to mention because the site is a blashemy in my opinion

4)We should tell someone that can change something, because ppl will get a horrible and sick idea if the look up copts and someone tells them about this site...

Peace

Bishoy
  • wow... they can't be Christian, let alone COPTIC ORTHODOX. I've been studying World History this year and I recognized a lot of words from China and India, i.e. atman, braman. I think they also replaced Christ's name with some unknown character. We definitely need to set things straight with these people, no doubt.
  • These guys are clearly Rastafarians. Heretics and dare I say non-Christians at the worst.

Their heresies are worshipping Haille Selassie as Christ and smoking "ganja" as a sacrament (marijuana).

Haille Selassie was an Ethiopian Orthodox emperor. Anyone who knows Haille Selassie will see him many times in pictures with our Pope, Saint Pope Kyrillos the Sixth.

Haille Selassie, seeing that Jamaicans were worshipping him, sent the Ethiopian patriarch to convert them to Ethiopian Orthodoxy. After reading an autobiography by Rita Marley, wife of the late Bob Marley, who converted and baptized to Ethiopian Orthodoxy months before his death, I feel that the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is having trouble being stringent on converts. The converts secretly smoked ganja and continued to worship Haille Selassie even if they denounced it, as Rita Marley confessed, although she didn't say "secretly".

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church is also historically called the Abissyian Coptic Orthodox Church, since they are our sister Church, and was under the Coptic church before their autocephalous status. I think Rastafarians took advantage of the name Coptic to cause confusion among Jamaicans and to easily win converts in their heresies.

I've met one Jamaican who told me he was Coptic >:( and Rastafarian. I was very angry!

So there you have it. They are a cult indeed, but use the name to confuse and to take in converts. Such deception can come from no one but the Devil himself.

God bless.
  • Dear all,

They are absolutely not Orthodox, nor are they Copts. They claim to be reformed Rastafarians, a religion that arose on Jamaice in the 1930-ies and 40-ies of the twentieth century. Rastafarianism is a false religion with a lot of pagan influenced mixed with Christian influences. Most of them believe the Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia (who was a friend of Pope Kyrillos and an Orthodox Christian) is a reincarnation of Jesus Christ. They have very little to do with Christianity, and do not have any relations with us, or the Orthodox Church in general.

They appear to use the name Coptic because they agree to the rejection of the council of Chalcedon (held in 451 by the Eastern Orthodox). This council endorsed to speak of two natures in Jesus Christ while we, Coptic Orthodox, reject such talk for Jesus Christ is one not two. They think that acknowledging one nature in Jesus Christ (as we do) means pantheism (that everything and everyone is God). They sympathize with us for the wrong reasons, and have no respect for the teachings of the Coptic Orthodox Church.

I also suspect that they took the name "Coptic" because it is African. Rastafarians are very very pro-African and anti-Western. But in no way are they related to us at all. They are not endorsed by our Church and our Pope and say many things our Church considers to ne heretical and false.

Pls be careful with stuff you find on the internet,.. There's a lot of crzay people out there making ridiculous claims (such as these) and this is the working of the devil trying to confuse people and to keep them away from the Truth, which lives in our Orthodox Church founded upon Christ and the apostles, especially St. Mark.

IC XC,

Grigorii
  • So why don't we set the record straight?
    I'm sorry but if these Rastafarians are running around claiming they're Copts, somebody's got to stop them.
  • Who knows what it is..anyone can get a group of homo sapiens and make their own cult and worship broccoli and call it something crazy like "Zen Broccoli Coptic Orthodox Church"..I don't know..it's just insane..
  • It is insane. But its haram to let them decieve ppl like that.... :-\
  • wow, we have some around here in NJ??? thats a shame. ive never heard of them.
  • These are not Christian, Rasta, Hindu or Buddhist - they are a wierd mix of all. I say ignore them - they are probably high most of the time.
  • they are complete idiots
    and they were blabing on about nothing
    dotn believe it its so pathetic
    some ppl have absaloutely no lives
  • First and foremost, you need to read their website in a Jamaican accent, otherwise, you've lost half the meaning.

But one thing that caught my attention was this:

Tolerance of Intolerance is not Tolerated

That's so funny.

These people are just hilarious. I think part of their rirtual(s) is smoking weed (that's no joke).

If you read carefully, they always go on about "Jah gave us the herb" -

Jah gave us the herb, who would that leave to take it away but the other side? (General Hippee Jack—Vernon Brashear 1936-2002)

That herb, my good man, is none other than a joint!

I think that's where the term "Holy Smokes" comes from.

Their funniest saying is this one:

Nothing bad will happen to you in a cosmic sense as a result of having been here in the world

Orthodox11 and I used to sit down together AGES ago and just read the Psalms together in a jamaican accent. It was hilarious. You should really download their prayers. Its such a good laugh.

Blessed is da man dat wah-keth naht in da cown-sill ov da un-gawdly...

I love it when one these of Rastas comes to our Church to pray. Its the coolest thing.
  • This is too funny... have you read their creed?

Zen Zion Coptic Orthodox Creed

I and I believe in Jah,
    the father, the almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth,
    and in all things visible, and invisible,
    and in Jesus, his son, our brother,
    who existed from the beginning,
    being of one substance with Jah,
    as were I and I;
    through whom all things were made;
    Who, in accordance with Jah's will,
    was conceived and born as we all are,
    was anointed with Herb,
    suffered at the hands of the state, died, and
    decscended into hades.
    On the third day,
    he arose from the dead,
    and ascended into heaven.
    I and I believe in the Holy Ether,
    the Lord, the Giver of Life,
    who is held between Jah and his children,
    and with them, she is worshipped and glorified;
    and she speaks through the Prophets, the saints, and the Pantheon.
    I and I believe in one holy catholic and universal church,
    acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins,
    receive multiple anointings for the continuity of grace,
    and know better than to worry about the afterlife.
    I and I await the return of the Ark to the Temple.
    I and I are one, AMEN

Hhaha.. the last part is so funny: "I and I are one".

I was reading this, saying to myself "Why do they say "I and I" for?", and then at the end, they explain: because I and I are the same person. hahahaha

• [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=2029.msg125771#msg125771 date=1293714606]
    This is too funny... have you read their creed?

Zen Zion Coptic Orthodox Creed

I and I believe in Jah,
    the father, the almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth,
    and in all things visible, and invisible,
    and in Jesus, his son, our brother,
    who existed from the beginning,
    being of one substance with Jah,
    as were I and I;
    through whom all things were made;
    Who, in accordance with Jah's will,
    was conceived and born as we all are,
    was anointed with Herb,
    suffered at the hands of the state, died, and
    decscended into hades.
    On the third day,
    he arose from the dead,
    and ascended into heaven.
    I and I believe in the Holy Ether,
    the Lord, the Giver of Life,
    who is held between Jah and his children,
    and with them, she is worshipped and glorified;
    and she speaks through the Prophets, the saints, and the Pantheon.
    I and I believe in one holy catholic and universal church,
    acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins,
    receive multiple anointings for the continuity of grace,
    and know better than to worry about the afterlife.
    I and I await the return of the Ark to the Temple.
    I and I are one, AMEN

Hhaha.. the last part is so funny: "I and I are one".

I was reading this, saying to myself "Why do they say "I and I" for?", and then at the end, they explain: because I and I are the same person. hahahaha

Lollll,they can not get any crazier.
  • Wow, where to start?

So much hate and misunderstanding in these posts.  Religious intolerance is the foundation for so much of the evil in the world today.  As followers of the Coptic Orthodox faith, you should be well aware of this. 

A 2010 New Year's Eve attack on the Coptic Orthodox Church in the city of Alexandria left 21 dead and many more injured.

On Jan. 30, just days after the demonstrations to reform the Egyptian government, Muslims in the southern Egypt broke into two homes belonging to Coptic Christians. The Muslim assailants murdered 11 people and wounded four others.

In Tahrir Square, Cairo, on Wednesday 2 February 2011, Christians joined hands to provide a cordon around their Muslim brethren during prayers as part of the 2011 Egyptian protests.  I suggest that these are the "Christians" you should strive to emulate. 

St. Timothy warned of the intolerance so clearly demonstrated by some of these posts.

1 Timothy 4
    1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Yes, we recognize cannabis as a sacrament.  No, I am neither stupid, nor a heretic (BTW, some of you need to learn to use spell check before claiming somebody else is stupid).  When "biboy" claims we are  "blahbing about an unknown character whopse name it is a shame to mention because the site is a blashemy in my opinion", I'm guessing he referring to the term "Jah" which is the name given to "Jahovah" by Rastas, and you refer to as "God".  I hope he's not claiming that giving praise to God is "blasphemy".  Of course "blashemy" could be an entirely different word that I'm just not familiar with, so maybe this is a good thing. 

I hope that Christ4Life will in fact "set things straight" with us.  Only through understanding and tolerance, can we strive to live up to the ideals espoused by Christ.  As for the claim that we are cult, we are no more or no less a cult than any other Coptic Orthodox Church.  However, we do recognize the basic underlying principles that tie all religion together and incorporate multiple belief systems and ways of life.  We do not proselytize and we have no interest in deceiving your congregation into converting (minasoliman is sounding a little paranoid, we have medications these days that may help with that).

As the Bishop of Medicine for the Zen Zion Coptic Orthodox Church, I have done a great deal of Biblical research.  When God came to Moses on the Mount, he instructed Moses to make anointing oil from myrrh, cinnamon, cassia, and cannabis extracted into olive oil.  English translations of the Bible have mistranslated cannabis as “sweet smelling fragrant cane, or callamus”.  However, the early Hebrew texts clearly show that the anointing oil is to be made from Kaneh Bosm, or cannabis.

Christ is singular for chrism, meaning to anoint. The title Christ was given to Jesus because he worked such miraculous healing by anointing the sick and suffering.  If Jesus were here today, it would be those who are most adamantly opposed to cannabis, who would be standing in line to nail him to the cross.  Cannabis is the Tree of Life, given to us by God, for the healing of the nations.  Who does that leave to take it away, but the other side?

Jesus used this anointing oil on lepors and they were cured, cannabis has potent antibacterial properties against Bacillus, the bacteria that causes Leprosy.  When he used it for the blind, they were able to see, cannabis reduces intraocular pressure in glaucoma which can allow the blind to see.  He used for the lame and they were able to walk, cannabis reduces muscle spasms and has potent pain reliving properties which can allow the lame to walk. 

I hope I have helped to clarify who we are.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Jah guide and protect!
        Bryan

• I have two questions for you for now why do u call yourselves coptic orthodox when ur neither.Coptic nor orthodox.and what da heck is bishop of medicine
  • Haha. Rastafarians. Wow...these guys are crazy. There is little wonder that their mixed up cult is confined to some small islands in the Caribbean and some rebellious middle class teenagers/early 20's people in America and Europe. How silly.

Here's something to consider: Their "god", Haile Selassie, was an Orthodox Christian. I figure if it's good enough for "god", it should be good enough for his followers. Put down the drugs, stop messing around and join a real religion. It's not too late to stop being clowns.

I and I find this ridiculous.
  • I and I agree Withe dzhremi. Btw I doubt ur a bishop, since u zen Zion people like to be poetic ("I and I") here is some poetic advice for you and "your people":

Drop the weed
    And learn to read (the Bible).
                                            - I and I
  • During a weedy interview a Rastafarian reggae singer was asked on the meaning of the word Kaya, he answered without hesitation:
    - Kaya is derived from the two words kaka and papaya

As a doctor I am very surprised to find out there are bishops of medicine, I think it's the highest possible status for a medicine man.

Drop the weed
    And learn to read (the Bible).
                                            - I and I

Well put geomike!

I and I denotes double personality, a complication caused by excess weed.

GBU
  • Wow John I thought u were pretty cool as the linkman but now I find that ur a doctor too. Now ur beyond cool. U save people by day and u transport information through links at night. Lol
  • Drugs, a melding of several religions, and to top it all off, a multi-colored, swirling cross-- no thanks, not for me.  :D