Ask a question_Answer for points

Comments

• yes st.john

i didn't know that!
  • yea st. john was exiled to the island of Patmos where he wrote the book of Revelations, and died around the age of 110
  • why in the old testement people die so old??
  • and y in the new testament they die young?

cos when Noah came out of the ark God then said that nobody is gonna live over '120' yrs!
  • rit?
    actually that was a question!!
    but good job!
  • guys why do the sandals of jesus christ in the pics is falling?
  • what pictures? ???
  • there is that pic of saint mary holding christ on her hand and his sandals is faling!
  • i think she means this picture, if you look closely you will see 1 of the sandals falling
  • yeah...thank u princessmary!!
    so does anyone knows why? ;)
  • I think it might be by you know the artist wanted to do it realisticly!

cRoSs
  • well wheres the realism in that? there has to be a point or a symblolism somewhere

[coptic]TAIO[/coptic]
  • well...the point of that...is that god is coming to the world again and he is leaving us something...
    well no one got it i hope that can be a new thing u guys learn!
  • sandra wat d u mean?

i don't get it? ::)
  • I don't get it either... ???
  • i understand wat u mean but where did u hear that from?
  • well...i remeber pope shenouda said that one time...it is suppose to mean that god have risen but he left us something...his sandals mean something...but i can't remeber it is iether the bible or his son(jesus christ)!
    if anyone know please help!
  • http://themissionchurch.com/olphiconmeaning.htm

Falling Sandal Perhaps, the symbol of a soul clinging to Christ by one last thread -- devotion to Mary.

this is what it says about the falling sandal, but i dont get it?
  • Meaning of the falling sandal:

In the Old Testament, when a man died without having children, it was the tradition that his brother married his widow. They did this because they believed that Christ could be the descendant of everyone, and if the guy who died didn't have any children, maybe the Messiah wouldn't have come. And ofcourse, if there wasn't a descendant, there wouldn't be an inheritance either.
    If the brother refused to marry the widow, the woman took off his sandal in front of the Oldest ppl of the tribe and spit in his face.(Deut.25:9)

So in the Icon of our beloved mother Mary, the sandal of Baby Jesus is falling because He came to release us from the old traditions, because He is Christ and there was no more need for that old tradition. The loose sandal is the symbol of that.

Excuse my lousy English, but I just translated this from a dutch sundayschoollesson i got once.

GBU
  • oh thanx

that was good!
  • yea thats great coptic irini, i didnt know that :)
  • thanks coptic irini!!
    here is another one...where was the first church?and when?
  • i think some1 asked that question before
    The first church was in Antioch....i dunno when, it says it in the book of Acts somewhere
  • Wasn't the first church the house of st. Mark the apostle?? (his mom's actually)
  • yea Coptic-Irene, the first church is st mark's house, ( or his mom, Mary's house), cause thats where they had the last supper, but i meant the first actual place that they built a church was Antioch, so i dont know which 1 sandra was asking by her qu.
  • Ow okay thQ ;D
  • any questionzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? ::)