Amen?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I know it is the word we end a prayer with, but what does it mean ???

Comments

• i think amen means amen!just kiddng!i think you say that because you want god to do whatever you need from him at the end!any help?? :-\
  • So does Amen mean "the end." People say amen when they agree with something that someone says. I only use it to end my prayers. I do not use words unless I know exactly what it means. This is my only exception and it bothers me that I do not understand what the word really means when I pray.
  • why are you asking?u know it??
  • I do not understand?
  • Here what we can find on the word Amen on the web:

The word Amen is a declaration of affirmation found in the Hebrew Bible. It has always been in use within Judaism. It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding formula for prayers and hymns. Common English translations of the word amen include: "Verily", "Truly", "So be it", and "Let it be".

Hope it helps.
  • exactly tifou....the word amen means So be it

it's Hebrew ;D

God bless
  • I think it means I believe as well!
  • Thank you :)
  • yeah that is true it means to belive or belive in god(have faith in god) hope i helped!!! god bless you all!!!
    batikha-basketball ;D
  • [quote author=tifou link=board=12;threadid=2021;start=0#msg31075 date=1120690564]
    Here what we can find on the word Amen on the web:

The word Amen is a declaration of affirmation found in the Hebrew Bible. It has always been in use within Judaism. It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding formula for prayers and hymns. Common English translations of the word amen include: "Verily", "Truly", "So be it", and "Let it be".

Hope it helps.

okay guys stop guessing... "tifou" already said what it means...
  • okay... lol sorry god be with you all!!!!
    batikha-basketball :D
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=12;threadid=2021;start=0#msg31077 date=1120691066]
    I think it means I believe as well!

it sure does

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • good job evey one!nice wordstifou!!
  • HELLO!!!!!!! AMEN MEANS "LET IT BE SO" or "so be it" or "truly"
  • its also a sigh to the lord that u r done.....God wants to listen to u in ur prauer so he knows if u know all the great things he did foor u . 1. Thanksgiving 2. Prayer of the sick 3. wantever u need help on from god. amen means lord forgive i dont know everything youve done for me, but i finish my prayer AMEN!!

( St. Mina/Mena was named Mena by taking the a and putting it on the end.
  • I'm sorry John but that's not the order of prayers it is
    -Lords Prayer
    -Thanksgiving Prayer
    -Psalm 50
    -Conclusion
    -Absolution
  • yeah this is the rit order!!
  • hey sandra....yea as said before....amen means "so be it"..as Tifou said..and John said Saint Mena's name came from the word "amen" because st.mina's mom was praying infront of st.mary's icon in church, because they had no children and they wanted a child, and st.mary told her "amen", which means "so let it be" or your prayers have been heard