is it a sin?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey.. um i'm just wondering is it a sin.. if you can talk to ur friends about EVERYTHING but u hide things away from ur mom.. in other words .. is it a sin to be able to talk to ur friends better than if u talk to ur mom?

Comments

• to tell you the truth i do not know but it is a good question!!!! any answers!!!
    basketball
  • i really don't know either. But that just means you are more comfterable with your friend than your mom. That still doesn't mean that you don't tell your mom anything, because your mom will probably be able to help you more, due to the fact that she has more experience in life. Also make sure that the reason you can't tell your mom is because you are just not comfterable, and not that it is wrong. The devil may try to decieve you, but be careful.
  • as long as ur not lyin to ur mom... like not tellin her wat uve done or tellin her rong info.. no it isnt a sin i dont think unless it becomes excessive...
  • That is an excellent question confused soul,
    We humans have a tendency to be more frank with people we can relate to and some time are afriad to discuss matters with people that might critisize our actions.
    It is not a sin to find a friend who you can trust with your secrets. It is not a sin at all having secrets from people. But understand that nobody, not even your closest and dearest friend, cares about you more than your parents. They will never be judgmental and any critisim they give you is based on expierence and love.
    As Nahda and the rest of these awsome guys have you great adivce, as long as you don't lie to her, or watch out why you hiding stuff from her. Also make sure that that friend is really trust worthy. Most importantly he/she will give you a good Christian advice and in certain situations where parental guidance is needed, he/she will instruct you to do so.

Bottom line, it is not a sin as long as you follow some guidlines as mentioned above.
  • i would agree with tis answer!!! just make sure you know what you are doing!!!
    basketball
  • [quote author=Coptic boy link=board=1;threadid=2013;start=0#msg30972 date=1120662753]
    That is an excellent question confused soul,
    We humans have a tendency to be more frank with people we can relate to and some time are afriad to discuss matters with people that might critisize our actions.
    It is not a sin to find a friend who you can trust with your secrets. It is not a sin at all having secrets from people. But understand that nobody, not even your closest and dearest friend, cares about you more than your parents. They will never be judgmental and any critisim they give you is based on expierence and love.
    As Nahda and the rest of these awsome guys have you great adivce, as long as you don't lie to her, or watch out why you hiding stuff from her. Also make sure that that friend is really trust worthy. Most importantly he/she will give you a good Christian advice and in certain situations where parental guidance is needed, he/she will instruct you to do so.

Bottom line, it is not a sin as long as you follow some guidlines as mentioned above.

That's a really good answer, and reading it reminded me of something that my FOC said before. He said that people tend to tell things to friends (for example, sins that you'd be embarressed to talk about with abouna) but at the same time, it's not wrong, it's your comfort zone. Evenetually, you'll have to tell your FOC, but that doesn't have to be the case with your mom.

sleepy
  • no its not a sin anthing rong gies
  • This is not an easy question to answer for many of us have gone through this at different stages and at different levels.

Issues involved include age gaps, the different sexes, tradition, etc................

What you must know is that your parents have gone through the transition also, and there is no one better to speak to than them, for they love you and they would give you the knowledge of their experiance.

Whatever the bariers are between you and your parents, the ones that seem not present with your parents, must be identified and tackled. There is no reason why you need to spell out everything to your parents - for it would be humanly impossible to state your day to their with 24 hours in most cases. However, what you must not do is lie to them or desive them purposly. Remember, irrespective of your age, you are not too clever for God and knows everything.

Regards.
  • Eventually one day you will be able to tell your parents anything, all in due time. You will realize that they're there for you and nothing in the world can change that, until then, don't worry about it.

sleepy
  • CopticBoy you have a great sense of words and I liked your answer it was supportive and Silvia that was a great question but to make sure talk to your FOC and see what he thinks