Coptic: The language of Ancient Egypt

edited July 2005 in Random Issues
I was running a websearch for something and I came across this: http://www.coptic.org/language/georgy/common.htm. I know its really long (I skipped some of it), but it has too much valuable information that I want ever1 to know. I would like to start a discussion about it too. :)

Comments

• okay i would like to know some information too... so go ahead!!! ;D
    basketball
  • go to the link... it discusses a lot about the origins of the copic language... amazing
  • fine. since you guys are too lazy to click on a link, i'll summarize it up (although the article would do a much better job than me). It talks about our language's origin... how it originated from the ANCIENT EGYPTIANS.
  • wow! that is preety cool i will check it out!!!! thanks for the website!!! lol
    basketball :D
  • thank you!
  • cool.. i'll take a look at that
  • thanks... this is a really important thing... we cannot just let it go
  • exactly thanks again for the website!!!! lol
    basketball
  • So what do you guys think?
  • it is really intersting and it has a lot of good facts... lol and i like it!!!
    basketball
  • but we just can't let this pass. we have to do something
  • what do you mean??? lol ???
    basketball
  • Yeah...I am not getting what do u mean by we have to do something we can't let this pass by. I think anyone whoever had anyone explain how the coptic language came upon know that it's the original language of the Ancient Egyptians...We are even cauld coptics...kypt...EGYPTIANS...which meaning our language is EGYPTIAN language....so that's a fact that the coptic language (kyptc) is in fact is the ancienct egyptians languge.
  • right. which means it should be side by side with hieroglyphics in History books, and every single coptic should know how unique they are to be part of a culture millenia old.
  • okay i think i understand!! lol
    basketball
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2000;start=0#msg31001 date=1120666941]
    right. which means it should be side by side with hieroglyphics in History books, and every single coptic should know how unique they are to be part of a culture millenia old.

I doubt u can convince anyone to put it on history books...at least those middle/high school textbooks...what we can do thou, is to include it on the Sunday School Curicillum...that would let our youth understands where their hirtage and language came to be.
  • it would be hard to put it in History books, I mean it would take years, but it can be done. I definitely agree about the high school curiculum, I'm thinking of printing it out and taking it to church on Sun. with me.