From loving Chirst to loving Others-- ya thats great but HOW!?!

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
see subject title...

Comments

• In order to love friends, neighbors, and even enemies, you have to first completely fill your heart with God’s love. By keeping His love always in your heart, this love will replace any hatred that might once have existed. God is love, as His children, we are children of love, so if we are really Christians, then we have to do our best to try to love everyone.

We should concentrate on our own sins, and remember that no one is without sin even if his life is a single day (as we say in the Divine Liturgy, commemoration of the departed). Leave judgment to God, if we want God to have mercy on us and forgive us our sins, then it is not for us to judge someone else for their own sins. God does not care how many sins that we have committed, as long as we repent from them, so anyone might repent at any time for their sins, so it is not for us to judge them about what they are doing. Also, we should try to see the good in others, and not always the bad things
  • Great answers PrincessMary :D

One thing Pope Shenouda said:

"Remember your weakness, then you will be more cautious and you will not submit to the thoughts and pride and false glory which may attack you."

I know this is mostly about pride, but this can also work for judging people too.. remember your weakness, so you will always remember that u are a sinner, everyone is, no one is perfect, so who am I 2 judge?
    Also just remember that God is the only one who can judge, because he is just and righteous. He is without sin & is the only one worthy 2 judge.

God bless! ;)

-Laura
  • Great question… or I should say questions…

1- how can we love our neightbors (yes, all of them)
    and
    2- how can we not judge, lest we might be judged (matthew 7:1)?

1. The only way to love everyone equally, and love them all, even enemies… is to love God, and through Him, you will start loving others… in such an equal way…

2. Now judging, every time you find yourself judging, prove to yourself how you do the same things, maybe worse… remember in your past how you did a lot of not so great things… and always train yourself to do that… so every time you see somebody doing something wrong, your mind will automatically remind you of something you did, that wasn’t so great…

But remember, not every judgment is condemned… you can judge an action, or a belief… just don’t condemn the people… (the topic of judgment is a confusing one)
  • you can not judje if you have good friends and they don't do stuff wrong so you will not be albe to judge!!!
    you can love if you didn't judge(i don't know what i am saying)

god bless you!
  • fasting and prayer.
  • i think the only way to love everyone is to keep urself from the gossiping situations and dont think about the earthly stuff but the heavenly... and if u keep hating ppl for little thinigs its a waste of time but if you do something nice for everyone it will never be a life of boredom