you and god!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hey i need help! well i heard that when you pray to god you are haveing a private conservation just between god and yourself. i want all of your opions and thougts,ideas and etc. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• When you pray from your heart, the yearnings and groanings from deep within yourself are made one with the yearnings and petitions of all the saints, both triumphant and militant. So when you pray alone to God, you're in more company than any other time. Dionysius the Areopagite had a saying: "You're never less alone than when alone."
  • wats not to likk between having a convo wit God?
    i understand sometimes we dont pray with very good quality... likk skipping some words in the prayer or getting distracted and stuff likk dat. that bothers me so i get up and pray again. it sometimes is difficult if u r prayin at nite and u r likk really sleepy. But this prayer that u give God that nite with quality means alot to Him.
    Pray With Quality EveryOne
    [glow=red,2,300]Marina Botros [/glow]
  • imagine speaking to ur best and closest friend about an issue. dont u sit there on the phone for hours and jus let it all out.
    its exactly like that with god- open ur heart and let it all out. ;D
  • dont be afraid of talking to god
  • thnks!!!! any more ideas or thoughts send to me everyone!!!!! god bless all of you!!! :D
  • -“Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”
    1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

-“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8

-“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16

-“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints” Ephesians 6:18

-"Trust in Him at all times, o people; pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge” Pslams 62:8
  • is it possible to be afraid of god??when i pray i am as if i am talking to my friend is that scary? :'(
  • why would you be afraid of god???? i mean he is hearing your prayers and god loves us!!!!!
  • well im just gonna share what pope shenouda said about prayer his book "Spirtual Means"
  • okay sorry u guys..
    here we go...

Prayer is a bridge that links man to God.
    Prayer is the work of the heart, whether expressed in words or not. It is lifting up the heart to God because the heart talks to God through feelings and emotions more than the mouth does with words. The heart may be lifted up to God without words.
    Therefore, the sigh of the heart is a prayer before God. The heart’s longing to God is a prayer. Feelings of love towards God are a prayer.

So prayer is a relationship between God and man. And if this hearty relationship does not exist, words would be of no use.

If you love God, you will pray. And if you pray, your love for God
    will increase. So prayer is a statement of love that we express in words.

~Smile :) God Loves You~
  • that was gr8- thanks for sharing that ;)
  • that was gr8 thnc good job keep it up every1 ;)

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • okay great answers everyone!!! and sorry i did not reply as soon as i can....i was at a hymns camp in daytona!!!! it was amazing ans i saw all my friends from tampa and orlando and ut was great!!!!
    god blesss you all!!!! ;)
  • ;D ;)thanks!!!! :D :)
  • you & god. god isnt just a friend, or someone you trust so much. hes your heavenly father. the one we shood love more than anyone else in this world.

"for the world shall pass away and lust and the desires, but he that does the will of god, abides forever" we can make this relationship stronger by following his commandment.

or how about during the passion week wen we sing thok taty gom. we say "the lord is my strength, my praise, and has become to me a sacred salvation"

LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD, with all your heart, all your might and all your strength.

--sister in christ
  • okay i really love your answer!! so i knoe that god is with me ans i love god very much!!!! i mean he is everything to me!!! thanks for your answer!!! and if anyone has anything else to say please say it god bless you all!!! :D
  • thanks everyone for answering please keep sharing your answers and thoughts!!!! ;D
  • i would still like to hear from all of you and see if you have any other answers!!! thanks and god bless you all!!! :D
  • ok I'm just seeing this thread now so I'm a little late but here are my 2 cents...

When you pray to God you should just say all that you are keeping all bottled up inside. You can be sure that the only reason he would tell anybody is for your own good, and that he'll ALWAYS do what's best for you. He is somebody whose mercy and compassion has no end, and will do anything for you to open the door to your heart (he died on the cross, nothing more than that). He is our Lord, Christ and Saviour. So if you have a problem, just go and start talking as if you're talking to yourself. He'll without a doubt hear you, and he'll even answer back. Prayer is the means of communication between us humans and Christ, and trust me, his number is never busy. :D
  • yeah thanks for the advice!!!! :D
  • np :) although i was late
    lol ;)
  • it is okay!!! :D
  • my input on this thing is that i think that you should just talk to god as u wud talk 2 ur most trusted friend...maybe a best friend....let out your thoughts and your needs and your concerns...its very nice...luv ya gurl...bye
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • prayer is sooo good when you are alone with god all you have to do is try your hardest to keep away from satan and concetrate... all you g2 do is go in a room where there wont be temptaions around you and spill everything to ur best friend, god. he is there for you and will always be when you pray[glow=red,2,300]
    G
    I
    L[/glow] to him

GOD *is* LOVE

MONster
  • when u r opening ur heart to god, i heard that he stops the angels from praying to him, and he listens to you....he really listens to every word u say to him