How can we..??

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
How can we help others if we cannot help ourselves...

Comments

• Everyone is weak...no one is perfect...we all struggle in our lives and we try our best to reach perfection in some way..but we all know that is not possible, but we still try to be better people with the help of people around us even if they are weak...our goal is to grow as members in the body of Christ...If u take the human body for example...if there is a weak organ...the body still function to live..Imagine all the organs are weak...the whole body will be weak but it will work extra hard to live...We as members in the body of Christ...work extra hard because we know we are weak...to survive in our spirtual life....hope that wasn't confusing.
  • We are all weak… “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Okay, so you first start with Jerusalem, which is you… work on it… then by the power of God, you will go to helping others... which is Judea… and the others are your family… then, your church, your friends… and Samaria… which are your enemies… and then the ends of the worlds…
  • i agree with socoolbishoy. we are all weak and we are even stronger when we have god in our hearts and in our souls!!!!!!!
  • MarMar have you ever heard of the tape "Holy Trinity" or in arabic "Asaess" well, it talks about that guy the people hit him and took all is money and his clothes and he was unconscious and everyone went past him and didn't even bother to help him so a guy with his mule carried the guy on his mule and helped the guy out it's a great story to hear! See if you are weak you still can help people out, now the guy that carried him was weak, but because he has faith to help the guy God helped him and healed all the wounds!
  • In this website: http://st-takla.org/Multimedia/01-Carols/01-Carols-04-Trinity_2asa2is_.html

Track 3 the guy that carried him on his mule his name is Samery Saleh it's a great story to listen to, it makes you feel all the emotion and how you can help the others even if you are weak!
  • his name is Samery Saleh

His name isn't the Samery Saleh..it's just the arabic transalation of the Good Smaritain...that was mentioned in the bible.
  • have you heard of the song? it's a guy and his name is samery selah! Sorry Marianne if I sounded mean I apologize!