Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
A message to Mabsoota
Hello all, I just wanted to write to a user on here who goes by the username of mabsoota. They had no way of contacting them that I could find so this was the only thing I could think of.
Mabsoota, I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am a college student and I have been having a lot of issues recently, specifically with my own relationship with god and my view on people. I came here looking for an answer to a very specific problem that you happened to comment on back in 2009. I didn’t fully agree with your comment and two users shared my sentiment, and they replied to you letting you know that. However, instead of starting your reply to them with any of the typical things I had come to expect from people you started it by genuinely apologizing to them for coming off harsh. You went on to try to give them good advice and seem genuine in your care for them. This brought me to tears. It had been so long since I have seen human compassion to the degree you have shown, and you did it back in 2009. I doubt you even remember it, nor that you’ll stumble upon this post. Nonetheless I had to go out of my way to try to tell you how much that meant to me and how it has brightened up my life. If bettering my relationship with Christ and becoming a better Christian again means I can be a fraction of the person you are, then I have no doubt that it’s what I want to do and that it’s the path for me. I’ll try to handle my problems and reevaluate my world view in a better way. Thank you for helping me out, you may not know me or know what I’m talking about. But you truly made a difference in my life and I’ll make sure of it. Thank you Mabsoota.
Mabsoota, I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am a college student and I have been having a lot of issues recently, specifically with my own relationship with god and my view on people. I came here looking for an answer to a very specific problem that you happened to comment on back in 2009. I didn’t fully agree with your comment and two users shared my sentiment, and they replied to you letting you know that. However, instead of starting your reply to them with any of the typical things I had come to expect from people you started it by genuinely apologizing to them for coming off harsh. You went on to try to give them good advice and seem genuine in your care for them. This brought me to tears. It had been so long since I have seen human compassion to the degree you have shown, and you did it back in 2009. I doubt you even remember it, nor that you’ll stumble upon this post. Nonetheless I had to go out of my way to try to tell you how much that meant to me and how it has brightened up my life. If bettering my relationship with Christ and becoming a better Christian again means I can be a fraction of the person you are, then I have no doubt that it’s what I want to do and that it’s the path for me. I’ll try to handle my problems and reevaluate my world view in a better way. Thank you for helping me out, you may not know me or know what I’m talking about. But you truly made a difference in my life and I’ll make sure of it. Thank you Mabsoota.
