Hello I’m new here.

I’m from Saudi I’m a believer in the Antiochian Orthodox Church even though I’m not an official convert I identify with the Eastern Orthodox Church and sometimes the Eastern Catholic Melkite Church. My family are mainly made up of non ethnic Saudis, most of us were immigrants from other Arab countries, mostly from Lebanon, Syria, and Egypt etc. The Sunni Lebanese side of my family were previously Melkite Catholic, they converted to Islam about 200 years ago for social benefits. I never really did like Islam or believe in it, nor did I like what it’s effect on people, it was only it’s historic use of barbaric savagery to convert people which made me realize it’s true nature. Christianity always had a special place in my heart even when I was Muslim, I always looked at Jesus as this special man who had very different characteristics to Mohammed who I saw as vicious. In my rejection of Islam I embraced paganism then Zoroastrianism, none of these satisfyed me. It wasn’t until I finally asked God to show me the truth that I saw Jesus Christ face to face in my dreams that sealed my belief in the true faith of God.

Comments

• may God lead you deeper into His truth. the orthodox church is the best place 2 grow in the love of God.
  • Welcome Masihi,
    What a wonderful vision you had after you prayed. One of the ways we see Jesus is as a shepherd ( someone who guides his flock). He used this parable Mathew 18: 11-14. For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. "What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than the ninety-nine that did not go astray. Even so , it is not the will of you Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
    That Jesus found you by His image is very meaningful.
    Image becomes very important as in your own writing. What image can we present to the world? The image of Jesus Christ given to you in your vision.
  • edited September 2018
    I was also hoping to converse with Coptic Christians here, also I would like to ask if most of you are native Egyptians or converts?
  • There is a mix of both on this forum.
  • I am convert too.
  • from what? obviously not from palm reading (according to other thread)