Catena - Bible app with Patristic Commentaries

edited August 2018 in Youth Corner

Hey people, TL;DR: Catena is now updated!!

Catena is a bible app that has verse-by-verse commentaries by Church fathers on almost every verse in the Bible. you can download it from http://catenabible.com/

Main Features:

1. Commentaries by +200 Church fathers
2. You can select to only see fathers venerated in our Coptic Church
3. Click on the father/mother's name to learn more about them
4. A much more improved performance and navigation
5. The app is supported on Google Assistant.
6. Best of all, it's free :D

Note: if you already have the app on Android, the app will NOT update. Please uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Comments

• Dear @ElGawly,
    Many thanks, the app looks very useful and interesting, may God reward you and all the people who were involved in this work. One thing though I would like to have been able to change the background colour but I can't seem to find any setting for this. The red colour is quite infuriating! God bless the whole work nonetheless..
    Oujai khan ebshois
  • Thanks be to God and thank you Elgawly.

Made a spiritual connection straight after I downloaded and opened it.
    Last night I decided to read Matthew and today I opened the app and it went straight there. It could of gone to Genesis but it went straight there.

I had been praying for help and I received it. Once again many thanks.
    Praise be to God always for His loving kindness.
  • edited August 2018
    A wonderful app. God bless your efforts.

Suggestion

How about an option where one could advance through each set of commentaries with an advance button near where the "x" is. That way a user could advance through each verse in a commentary style. 

In addition to this, a bookmark option would be a nice way to quickly reference certain commentaries.
  • It does not let me change bible version to king james