Confession

Hello.
I was wondering if we could have confession section on this site? Also to have it run by a Father of Confession in which whatever is written by contributing members is pm only?

Comments

• I don't think that is a good idea.. To have a father of confession is to form a personal relationship with a senior member of the clergy..
    Oujai khan ebshois
  • I'm sorry ophadece, but I not sure how it could be personal because we are dealing in tackling sin.
    I was reading another post and the person really needed an Abouna to deal with it by giving good advice.

Admittedly, I do see a flaw in that the Father could not be able to know if the person he is responding to is from the church.
    Maybe there is a way of verification but it would sound a long process.

Thank you for your reply ophadece.
    God bless.
  • If for the sake of convenience we are looking for a tool to erase sins we could create a bot and pray for it in each liturgy so that God accepts its powers! However what we learnt in church is that they are not called fathers of confession for no reason. They are so called because they are fathers and there is no point in changing him each time we confess..
    Oujai khan ebshois
  • What’s the point of confession if an Abouna is not saying the absolution on your head at the end?! Recently, and specifically outside Egypt, I think, for the lack of discipleship, we have combined the role of Spiritual Guide with Father of Confession. We want Abouna to also tell guide us spiritually in general rather than just be the person on behalf of God, remitting our sins. And this idea of having confession through faster ways of communication or even having preference towards a specific father of confession stems from the comfort that one gets with FOC, which I don’t think is always healthy.