On watching and prayer or a question

edited October 2017 in Faith Issues
We all ought to agree we need to be watching and praying when the Lord returns but could it be all who truly found Christ God guards them therefore they are found watching
I can't imagine trusting myself to do better and be found watching
That was how I found Christ the first time I saw every attempt of mine to do better and not sin failed. Then Christ miraculous delivered me as i received the gospel and trusted completely in God to deliver me

But if I never tried myself to live I would never have known the truth and been able to trust Christ and Him to give me knowledge. You have to earn knowledge of truth but it is He who will keep you

The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus

It is a gift

If the Son sets you free you are free indeed

So how do you know the Son? through the gospel not your own efforts to obey Him

My son give me your heart and let your eyes observe My ways

If you abide in My words you are My disciples indeed and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free

We know He will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him and as psalm 1 says He is guaranteed to bear fruit
Man lives on every word of God

Therefore certainly to watch and pray is to read the bible and you won’t be able to by just trying yourself and praying without watching reading the bible

Unless the Lord guards the city we watch in vain

The word of God helps by being a sharp two edged sword revealing you are completely helpless and therefore it is used to give your faith back

Every word is helpful but your faith can remain and you gain victory over many sins which endure
You have to do not just read but much reading is always helpful if you are applying too and much reading should lead to applying if you are truly reading
You could by reading learn a lesson that you won’t forget for a very long time so you overcome one sin but you always need the word so you overcome all sins