I am 15 years old and am struggling greatly with my sexuality. I have homosexual urges, but haven't told my parents (only father of confession and a few youth servants).
I find it hard to understand why I am this way since I never chose it or know what happened to make me like this. My father of confession seems to think that this is just a phase and will go away but I don't think he really understands.
I live in a western society where people are always praising homosexuality but (to my knowledge) it seems quite clear that the church is against it. I have decided that I should live a life of celibacy so as to follow God's will for me but am internally struggling due to it. No matter what happens though I will make sure I stay close to God and keep my Bible readings/prayers.
All I am wondering is...
1. Why am I this way?
2. How can it be condemned if I (or anyone really) never chose to be gay?
3. Is this a message from God for my life?
3.1 Am I called to be a monk?
4. Does the Orthodox Church think that I can change?
4.1 Should I try to change?
5. Any advice to cope with this passion throughout my life?
6. Any famous saints that struggled with homosexuality who I could read about and request the intersessions of?
Thank you to anyone who took the time to read and respond to my post.