God's favourites

God is likened to a father. Fathers have a favourite child. Fathers either take their child's side or an opposing side.

How can God possibly love me, or any one of you, equally?

If someone hurts you. Does God take your side or theirs? Is God pained more by your hurting or the other person's sins?

Surely righteous people are more valuable to God in some way? God cares for us all, but I can sense that some people seem to be more favourable in God's eyes. I cannot explain it, I just feel that way and it is quite upsetting o think about.

I wonder if God's favourites feel more special, or more loved?

Has anyone else experiences similar feelings or thoughts?
Anyone here feels a lack of God's love in their life?

Thoughtful comments would be much appreciated

Comments

• from 'the first epistle of saint peter' by abouna tadros malaty, translated in usa, p21 - 22:

But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all

your conduct, because it is written, ‘Be holy, for I am holy.’ And

if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according

to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of

your sojourning here in fear(v.15-17).

The Holy God is our Father, and this is what

Christianity is all about, that is, to realize the fatherhood of God

and to enjoy it. This fatherhood is not build on partiality, but

rather on God’s mercies and His justice, for He judges every

one according to his deeds, without any partiality. Therefore,

we should not despair for He is our Father, nor be negligent for

He is the Judge. He is the just Father and the compassionate Judge.
    so, no, He does not have 'favourites' in the way some people do on earth.He certainly does not take sides.He knows suffering and He can show us the way to freedom by us forgiving those who hurt us.may God guide you and show you the grace of His Holy Spirit this feast of pentecost.
  • Amen ❤️
  • to be clear (as it was messed up by the copy and paste), up to 'Judge.' is from abouna tadros' book, and from 'so,' is my commentary on it.
  • edited June 2017
    I don't know the answer to that question yet but God received the prodigal son with so much love and treated him as equal without any condemnation and put a ring on him to show that he loves him equally and that he will make sure he is happy

and Jesus said there is more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than 99 righteous people who need no repentance while the older son who wanted to be treated better got lost though he would have probably got rewarded more maybe even eternally he could have also maybe helped save others.

I think everyone will be happy with the righteousness of others because it makes them more happy. There is no envy in heaven and everyone is happy and share most of the same rich blessings together atleast. Why did Jesus say greatest is he who serves. I think because we will choose to bless the righteous. If anyone is better than me I will be happy for them if they are indeed better and if my enemies repent and are better than me I am also happy. I know that may be me boasting but I must choose to be like that if I am not yet. As David said out of humility and how he thought of himself that he delights in the saints in psalm 16 though I think he was greater
  • I think those who are truly repentant will be happy to see the righteous get what they deserve and that is also their reward (the one who had less good deeds) because they love righteousness and do not care for themselves and so their reward may be like their own