Contraception in marriage?

Hi everyone, 

I am unsure where to post this question but I need a Christian perspective on this topic. I am going to get married in a few months and both my fiance and I are 23. We have decided that we don't want children until maybe 2 years into the marriage, but if it happens it happens. But since we are still young I still want to be able to practice in my career for a bit before I dedicate my whole life to raising children. My fiance doesn't mind seeing a doctor about this but he also is worried and sees contraception as risking to be infertile. What should I do? I don't have any real knowledge of contraception nor have I ever thought about it. Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• The First Thing You Should Consider Is Consult Your Father Confessor. I Think If both You And Your Fiance Agree It Is Better To get married when you are ready to carry the responsibility of having children. Contraceptives Are Not Advicable For Two Reasons; First, Its Use Contradicts With The Idea That God Brings Children To This World. By Using It You're Attempting To Take God's Will (even Though We Can't). The Second Thing Is That Some Forms Of Have Significant Adverse Effects Including Infirtility And Health Complications. May God Be With You!
  • edited March 19
    Joanna;

My wife dealt with this same issue. Oddly, there is a book about Homosexuality that was published by a church in Miamisburg, Ohio explaining the stance of our church on contraception. We are not Roman Catholic and do not object to contraception in a marriage. You should first and foremost have her speak with her Primary Care Physician, and of course you may ask Abouna as well. Although, if you are married, contraception is not a issue within the church, and your choice should be based solely on what is best for her health.

Please Pray for Me.

• I don't believe that the Coptic church has an official position on contraception. There are methods of contraception that are safe and close to 100% effective (like condoms). You should speak with a doctor
  •  First, Its Use Contradicts With The Idea That God Brings Children To This World. By Using It You're Attempting To Take God's Will (even Though We Can't). ...........that is completely wrong.