Confession

edited November 2016 in Faith Issues
A priest should help a person with what he comes to them for even if he does not agree if the person is convinced about the way he wants to follow. He should trust we can make our own decisions. He can help with what we come to him for and still give his advice about it so we may not think about doing what we want to do. Who knows perhaps the person going to confession intention is from God. How does he know?
If I want to come to a priest to help sort out my thoughts and edit what I want to post he should do so or atleast sort out my thoughts but priests do not want to listen to that. Are they afraid of interacting with the world and servicing people outside their comfort zone. If I want to minister to people on forums the priests should have a part in that.
Remember the person with the 1 talent hid it because he was afraid. Im not sure catholic priests will be afraid to help sort out thoughts and read what you wrote down.
Is it because there is not enough priests? St Paul said to St Timothy not to neglect the gift that is in them.  However perhaps not every priest has this special gift as soon as he is ordained until he is prepared to receive it. Moses listened to his father in law and God worked with this advice. Can we have one priest for every 10 people in the church?
Notice Moses did not only have priests for the service so the authority to loose and bind may also be for consecrated servants which is everyone in the church. But for big matters we should bring it to the pope and chosen people by God.

Exodus 18:17-27(NKJV)
17 So Moses’ father-in-law said to him, “The thing that you do is not good. 18 Both you and these people who are with you will surely wear yourselves out. For this thing is too much for you; you are not able to perform it by yourself. 19 Listen now to my voice; I will give you counsel, and God will be with you: Stand before God for the people, so that you may bring the difficulties to God. 20 And you shall teach them the statutes and the laws, and show them the way in which they must walk and the work they must do. 21 Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens. 22 And let them judge the people at all times. Then it will be that every great matter they shall bring to you, but every small matter they themselves shall judge. So it will be easier for you, for they will bear the burden with you. 23 If you do this thing, and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all this people will also go to their place in peace.”24 So Moses heeded the voice of his father-in-law and did all that he had said. 25 And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people: rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens. 26 So they judged the people at all times; the hard cases they brought to Moses, but they judged every small case themselves.27 Then Moses let his father-in-law depart, and he went his way to his own land.

Comments

• It is hard to accept rejection even when we feel it is right, but we still live the Orthodox way in Christ in submission because Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the live in which our saints and matyrs lived. Confession is a submission to Christ and not our desires Mike. Sorry but it is good you feel like you want to evangelize. You will need to humble yourself to be empathic for the ones in need and for the knowledgable you will need to find commonality.
    God bless you Mike