Y DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN 2 GOOD PEOPLE

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i understand that bad things may happen to good people for trails, tests, maybe even to take away pride, but Y else does it happen..??

Comments

• As I read your question, I think about it, and I remember that many times I have asked myself this same question, why do bad things happen to good people, it seems to us unbearable at times, all these trials and all these tests. Facing trials is going through hardships that test our faith.
    Here are some reasons why bad things happen to good people:

***INCREASE PATIENCE:
    -“Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience, but let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing” James: 3,4
    -“ patient in tribulation” Romans 12:12

***JOY IN TRIBULATION:
    -“I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation” 2 Corinthians 7:4

***PURIFY FAITH:
    -“In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls” 1 Peter 6-9

***TO BRING US TO A BETTER PLACE:
    -“10For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. 11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins. 12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place” Psalm 66:10-12

*** TO CHASTEN US:
    -“Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction” Isaiah 48:10

***TO GLORIFY GOD:
    - “Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;…….yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.” See 1 Peter 4:12-16, -
    -“And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance” Romans 5:3

If you come to think about it though, maybe you are angry sometimes at God because so many bad/negative things seem to be going on in your life at times, and sometimes you say to yourself why all this? But just remember that God does everything for a purpose, everything is planned, He does everything for a reason, sometimes He allows temptation to see how much you really love Him, sometimes so that you can learn from your mistakes, in case you are tempted again, sometimes He tempts you so that you realize that you by yourself are weak, and nothing more than dust, and can do nothing without His help, but His grace is sufficient, His strength is made perfect in weakness. Sometimes he allows trials to teach you to be patient. But in all cases whatever the reason maybe God will not tempt you beyond what you are able to bear. (1 Corinthians 10:13)Just know that God loves you so much, He paid His precious blood for you on the cross, what have you done for Him?, do you really love Him as much as he loves you, how would you know the answer, if there is nothing that happens to you and you are never put in a situation that shows if you really love God, then you wont know, if you take a class at school and keep on studying all semester but are never tested, you really wont know your ability, or how much you have learned, you wont know, because you weren’t tested. Learn from the trials, that you go through and in all things give thanks and praise the Lord’s blessed name, and just remember that you are not alone, some one told you, “and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of age” Matthew 28:20 God is with you always so don’t worry if there are hardships along the road to Him, because He never said it will be easy, “in the world you will have tribulation but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world”…John 16:33, the road might be full of thorns, but remember its all worth it, he who endures to the end will be saved and shall receiver the crown of eternal life.

“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” James 1:12

sorry for the long answer :-[
    hope it helped a little
    God bless u and may He be with u forever
    pray for me the sinner
    mary

• Hi, George?...

I hope i can help you with your question.

It's a really good question :)! You know, Prince Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) asked the same question... but unfortunately he concluded that life has no value and one must find salvation within themselves he also attempted to discover techniques to escape from suffering... (just thought you might like to know that :-\)

Well... first, we must remember that our Father in heaven does not overlook our suffering! God knows each person’s abilities and their weaknesses, The Lord will never give someone a temptation that is beyond their capabilities, rather he uses these many opportunities to help us build our spiritual and personal qualities and to learn about ourselves.

Most importantly we learn to depend on God. When life seems good and everything's fine, we often forget about God and don't pray as much... so these 'bad things' are actually "GREAT THINGS" like a wake up call...
    sometimes we also need it: check out Hebrews 12:5-11 >

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives." If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

Perhaps you also know that Our Lord Jesus is always there, carrying our load with us, in fact he carried all our for us: past, present and future. The best way to deal with each “bad thing” is to smile and give thanks. Don’t be surprised! Your Father in heaven would not chasten you unless he loved you enough to help steer you back on the path to your eternal life. If you suffer and you remember that God is with you always, then you will have nothing to fear. Do not try and question why 'SOMETHING BAD' had to happen, Our Father in Heaven is fully aware of what is happening to us.

Strength is developed from overcoming trials and temptations, not from hiding and running away from your troubles. In fact! We should envy our brothers and sisters who are blessed with the chances to come closer to God through trials and tests.

Another thing is... NOT everything is Chastening, tests and trials... God has created laws of nature and as a result "things" (whether bad or good) will happen with each action. For example, if you drive a car and get distracted for 1 second, and crash (God Forbid!) we cannot go on to try and work out why this had to happen, on the way to an important job interview or whatever... (Of course it may be a test or a trial) but it may simply be a result of your negligence!! In any case we learn from our mistakes and become better people. We get closer to God, and remember our weaknesses...

I know i've bored you to death, but i just want to finish off with a point:

Why did our LORD, GOD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST (who is PURE GOOD not merely a good person) suffer and endure many hardships? and how did he deal with them?

We learn from God, to be patient, faithful and to pray with Him asking "Father, let it be according to Your WILL and not mine"

Please pray for me.
    I hope i have helped :)
    God Bless...
  • Hi,

This is a good question. I, also sometimes, think it myself. In fact, this is an old question and also the prophet David asked God in the Psalms : "Until when, O Lord, will you forget me?"

All leaders when they want to gain more followers they give them false hopes and false promises to follow them except JESUS. He promised us to have difficulties and persecutions and He told us to carry our Cross and follow Him. Also, He taught us to walk in the tight road. Why all that? I think it's simple. Because if following Jesus was easy, all people would follow Him, not because they love Him but because the way is easy. But since following Jesus is not easy, only people who truly love Him will bear all difficulties in order to follow Him.

But this is not the end of the story because there is one thing He promised us which makes us able to support all difficulties and bypass all bad things which happen to us. He told us that when we'll see Him, we'll have the perfect joy which nobody will take it from us. And I believe that All the world sufferings and everything we'll have suffered for His Name during our whole lifetime will disappear in the twinkle of an eye as soon as we see Him.

That's why I think the only thing we can do during the difficulties, not to look to our problem because this will make us feel it more difficult than it is. But we just look at Him and lift up our eyes towards Heaven and tell Him : Amen Come quickly our Lord Jesus.

I hope I answered partially this difficult question.

Pray for me.

KF
  • thank you all for repling u guys helped me heaps, i will pray for all u lovely people, and i hope God will keeps us all strong in the faith,
    although i wish there were more replies, wat u guys gave me is more than enough,
    and princess mary, i would be upest if your reply was short. thnx again
    may god guide u all to guide me in the future.
    and may he open our minds, hearts and understaning.
    George
  • Bad things happen to good people because of sin. It doesn't really matter if you are good or bad, Satan will always tempt you.
  • It really makes me happy to know that we have such knowledgable people dedicated to their faith and willing to sacrifice their time to help others in our Church. May God Bless you all! ;D
  • Bad things happen to good people because if life was all rosy and perfect people would not know or understand the true meaning of joy!

Without suffering you cannot understand happiness!

People believe that if life lacks suffering then it will be perfect- a perfect (kinda) paradox of this is people who suffer from leprosy

Leprosy is a chronic contagious disease of tropical and subtropical regions. it is characterized the loss of sensation often then resulting in ulcers of the skin, bone and leading deformation, paralysis, gangrene and deformation.

So basically people who suffer from leprosy can’t feel their bodies and as a result scratch and tear into their skin causing themselves bodily harm. They can’t feel pain so they don’t realise what their doing is harming their body! These people end up dying from infections- thus a life without pain is no life at all!
  • also, i dont know if this was mentioned before, but we have to remmeber JOB. look wat he went through.
    bad things happen for several reasons:
    1) to teach a lesson
    2) to make us get closer to God
    3) make us aware of how forunate we are
    4) to prepare us for the kingdom of God
    hope this was good
  • Hey man, there's a thread on Coptichymns.net with the same subject, I would recommend u go check it out...

Defender
  • :)hey guys look at this

i asked for strength.. and god gave me difficulties to make me strong
    i asked for wisdom... and god gave me problems to solve
    i asked for prosperity...and god gave me a brain and a brawn to work
    i asked for courage... and god gave me obstacles to overcome
    i asked for love... and god gave me troubled ppl to help
    i asked 4 favors... and god gave me oppurtunities

i recieves nothing i wanted..... but everything i needed

hope it helped
    God bless
  • Beautiful response nardin!! really really really well put! ;D

Send us this great grace of Your Holy Spirit, the Comforter.
    - Chris
  • This is a very good response nardin. I've never heard it before.

Thank you and may God bless you.

Pray for me.

KF
  • hey guys! i usually don't write that much but this is an interesting topic. it reminded me of a story i once heard. it goes something like this:

One time a guy told God that his burden/responsibility was too big for him, so God took his cross(symbolizing his burden) and took him to a cave. In the cave, the man saw crosses of many different sizes and God tells him to pick a cross. So the guy picks the smallest one and God tells him that that was the original cross that he had. When put with all the other crosses it looked small.

The point of this story is that God doesn't give us a cross that is too big or too small to us so we should be thankful for what we have.
  • I don't know if this was mentioned earlier or no, but bad things happen to good people becasue this is what God wants to happen. He knows that these people can handle the bad times, and in the end bring them closer to him. Let's not forget, God works in mysterious ways. lol. ;)

sleepy
  • Oh, and by the way, nardin, that was an awesome response. God bless you.

sleepy
  • I guess it makes sense about being humble and patient. Bad things often happen to good people because these people can handle bad situations better than most. It's kind of like practice, many of the people which God allows bad things to happen have a special role. In times of need, those people will be of help to God. It makes sense that God would allow difficult and/or bad situations to happen to such people to prepare them for his purpose. The more bad things that happen to us, the happier we should be because that means we are significant to God. Without bad situations, we would have no room to grow.

Good luck and I hope we can all use bad things to grow closer to God.
  • Excellent response Nardin, did u write that or where did u find it??

Defender
  • i dont know if it was mentioned before, but my mom is always telling me this saying when im having a bad time with somehting or going tru difficult time.

"God discplines those that he loves that they may be perfected" or something like that

here's another one
    "good things happen those who follow (or love, not sure) God"
  • Yea egyprincess, that's a really good way to think about such things. I'll keep that in mind. Thanx!! ;)

sleepy
  • Egyprincess, my mom tells me that a lot too. Except that it's in Arabic: "Man Yo7ebaho el Rab yo2adebahoh"
  • same here Defender, except i didnt know how to write it. lol