Is it a sin to have sex before marriage with only my girlfriend?

der
edited July 2016 in Faith Issues
I know this is weird but this will help me. Any answer would be appreciated.

Comments

• Our Lord Jesus Christ will judge our salvation by the height of our love for Him.
    So a better question would be: Is my love for God enough that I would sacrifice imy sin for Him and wait until Marriage?
  • We seek the spiritual unity with God and His wisdom in the way we act for we make a lot of mistakes, especially when we are young. It's the part of pride that we try to be successful, but there was no plan, so it didn't' see the consequences.
    Please talk to your Father of confession
  • I am going to guess der needed a quick answer. If he wants to know why it's wrong, he can ask. But I don't think that article his helpful for his specific situation. Sometimes you need to blunt and say "yes, it's a sin".
  • Sorry to discuss in third person Der.Ders question could of being: Is it ok to sin because he is implying his own boundaries in which those boundaries need explaination in what his faith should rely. We can then give him his independent reasons for his actions.

Der,we love God first with all our hearts with all our minds and souls and if you obey this and ask your self this question instead of seeking approval from your peers whether to do something or not, then you can't go wrong.

God bless you brother Der and my prayers for you that you make the right decision.
  • Hi Der,

Yes, its a sin.

But the question itself is really worrying:

In Matthew 15: the Lord ate with His Disciples. The pharisees noticed that He didn't wash His hands. Here's the biblical quote:

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?

So, in some translations, it says "why do you devalue God's commandments for the sake of your traditions". 

Sex outside marriage is fornication. But the problem that the above passage identifies is the fact that we devalue what God's commandments in doing what is culturally acceptable: so namely in our culture, its acceptable to have sex with a girl outside marriage. We call her our girlfriend, and its culturally acceptable.  

The sin is not the issue. We all sin. The problem is the fact that we devalue God's commandments and replace it with what is socially acceptable traditions or behaviors. 

I think this is the problem of our generation.