Combined Intercessions for Female Martyrs

edited April 2016 in Hymns Discussion
Hello Everyone,

Attached is a picture of the "Combined Intercession for Female Martyrs" from Coptic Reader... What's different about this (from what I am used to) is that after St. Marina they have 4 more saints (Saints Irene, Anasimon, Aripsima, and Anastasia)

Can anyone provide the tune for this or a link of it being said somewhere? Also, has anyone noticed this or am I out of the loop :P ?

Thank you and God Bless,

Son of Christ

Comments

• It would be interesting to hear the tune for this combination one. The one I know of ends at St. Marina.
  • Hello to my brothers and sisters in Christ,

To start, please take note that Coptic Reader has, at times, strayed from what the Cathedral/the cantors of the church/old church books have said. A prime example would be, in the case of the festive Hiteni's, the omission of H.H. Pope Kyrillos VI from the list. On the audio recordings here (I cannot remember which one) the chorus of the Cathedral has added Pope Kyrillos to the end of the Patriarchs' verse.

This appears to just be a case of dissension between sources. The festive Hiteni's (ie, the added long verses) often are changed from source to source, and to my knowledge, none are present on this site. However, this past Feast of the Nativity, my church's chorus deemed that we would end the verse at "nem Marini." If your priest/chorus/higher-ups request that you use all those names, perhaps it would be easier to have 2 verses starting off with "tishelet ente pi-ekhistos" with the second of these two asking for the intercessions of Sts. Irene, Anasimon, Aripisma, and Anastasia.
    Now I am new to hymns and the distribution of them, so please do not take my word alone, I do hope this helps you, and if it does not, I pray that you find a source that will help you.

God bless :)