Volunteering in the church in Mexico

Hola!

I know I'm probably thinking too far ahead, but at the end of the year god willing i'll be in mexico for some school work. I was thinking while i was in the country I would check out the coptic church.

Does anyone know how often a group goes there? I'm assuming that it's mostly USA churches that go there? (I'm from Australia)
I'm also getting the vibe that this is like a monastery.

if anyone can have a chat with me about it, that would be fantastic!

http://www.copticmexico.org/volunteer.html

God bless,
 Adomad12 

Comments

• Hi!

I think this a great idea, although I have never been there yet. I am actually very close with the Abouna who is serving there: Abouna Zakaria. A group usually goes for 2 weeks or so but I do recommend discussing with Abouna Zakaria as to how long he needs the service for and not only that but to consult with your father of confession as he knows what is best for your spiritual growth. 

USA, Canadian, and Egyptian churches usually go there but I am sure you are welcome to go serve (with Abouna's blessing and permission of course) :) It is like a regular church and you can see pictures of it on the website. But you will definitely have a beautiful view and much easier time of seclusion and meditation with our Lord compared to regular churches in the cities. This is a total bonus to the missionary work you plan on doing there! 

May God bless your service and trip!

Best wishes, 
    mtawad

• Thank you very much for your message mtawad!

I'll get into contact with Abouna later on in the year. As far as i know this is the only Coptic church in mexico?
  • No problem! Yes it is

May God bless your service