monasticisim

edited May 2005 in Faith Issues
i have a simple question and i really want serious advice in ur answers.
How can i be sure of my emmotions towards monastecisim, how can i know if they r true feelings towards this way or just strong intentions to b more religious than i am now?? I also wonder why monasteries make it hareder every time for people who want to join the way of monasticisim?

Comments

• This is a hard question to answer because number one, most monks and nuns don't answer questions about exactly how they went into monasticism that is if they're even asked to begin with; Number two, we believe monasticism is a calling..if you want it from your heart and God wills for it to be, it just happens..although it just "happens" doesn't mean it's happy go lucky. There's ofcourse many trials and tribulations with monastic life. I didn't really hear about monastaries making it harder but I know that now people tend to take monasticism in wrong ways so monastaries are trying to keep to our old strict traditions by making it harder..what I mean by wrong ways is, they don't really know what they're in for and so they think they can do it, etc. God bless.
  • exactly wat servantofJesus said and pray about it and talk to your FOC bout it

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!