Need someone to get me back on track

This is mikeforjesus
I'm not sure there are many priests interested in defending the orthodox position I should try with my confession father but I suspect he is not too knowledgeable and he may want no part in making me an extremist because he doesn't want me to cause problems with my family I just want to discuss a few points on primacy of peter by Cyprian and Ignatius and to confirm the literal understanding of baptism which I mostly believe in but have some doubts
I live in Sydney australia

Comments

• edited April 2015
    I don't mean to be an extremist when I get my faith back
    I will only judge beliefs and not people
  • Hey, Apromise
    May I ask, what seems to be your question?

Blessing of the Holy 50 days.
  • edited April 2015
    I am not sure if baptism is necessary for salvation true all people in the bible were baptised after being baptised with Jesus' baptism the Holy Spirit and fire
    I just want more proof of it and a rebuttal to
    http://www.gotquestions.org/baptism-Acts-2-38.html
    And the questions and answers similar to that at the end of the page
    I ask that we be not biased for this question is vital for it affects our behaviour towards others we should be united with non orthodox if we both have Jesus and to not be would mean we are not doing the will of God and perhaps further discouraging non orthodox christians to live for Jesus and the world to believe in Him. If we want to be salt and light to this world and help it be more moral we need to be united. That is not an excuse for others to live in sin. Jesus said we shall know teachers by their fruit. If orthodoxy alone influences the world for good then it is from God
    Maybe orthodox unity is good for the world but I am not sure which is why I want the truth for I trust the truth sets people free

Also I am confused about the two sayings below I was wrong I meant Irenaeus not Ignatius

Cyprian wrote: "If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church?"

Irenaeus says "For it is a matter of necessity that every church should agree with this church, on account of its pre-eminent authority"

They are talking about the church of Rome
  • In short prove baptism is necessary and those two quotes by early church fathers do not refer to primacy of peter
  • edited April 2015
    Don't worry I change my mind. I don't want to cause failed relationships. You don't know what you got till its gone.
  • edited April 2015
    I change my mind I must make clear the way of salvation which Jesus taught which is being born of water and the Spirit and everything else He taught as for protestants I can not say where they will go I hope God accepts them if they are honest. If they know baptism and the laying on of the hands by the apostles to receive the Holy Spirit is necessary and they do not do it they are not honest
    if anyone loves father mother wife or children more than God he is unworthy of Him it is best to accept the truth so others might see the truth and to trust in Gods judgement for He might accept them if they are honest as He is a fair judge and we can't know for certain where any non orthodox Christian person will go but that does not mean they will definitely be saved so they should search the truth
    God searches for the man who wants the truth so when they ask they receive
  • I take back what I said. I don't want to cause failed relationships.
  • Please please someone help me with these sayings of the early church fathers
    Truth is very important for salvation of souls so is important for relationships