broken hearted

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalms 34:18, NIV).

Our God is the Loving Father. His heart breaks in our brokenness. In our entire affliction and distress He also is afflicted (Isaiah 63:9). As to Moses the LORD says to you and me: I have indeed seen your misery, I have heard your cry out and I am concerned about your suffering. So I have come down to rescue you (Exodus 3:7-8).

He sent His Son to heal the brokenhearted. Isaiah said of the Christ, “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted” (Isaiah 66:2). This was fulfilled in the Lord Jesus Christ as He said, "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me; to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted” (Luke 4:18). “He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them” (Heb 7:25, NKJV).

The Heavenly Father is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them (Psalms 145:18-19). He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalms 147:3).

Be still my soul and wait for the LORD.

Comments