Perhaps this issue has been answered before, but I can't browse through thousands of threads.
I have no idea what this phrase means 'The Deification of Man'. Many people have tried to explain it to me and everyone has been different, and too be honest I've forgotten them all.
The one thing I do remember is someone speaking passionately about this specific book by the late Holy Father. They mentioned it has numerous errors and shortcomings and vehemently opposed reading it. It was not clear to me if they were attacking the actual concepts presented in it or the shortcomings of the english translation. I am very aware of the shortcomings of translation, particularly when it comes to a complex dogmatic issue such as this which has its own proper syntax.
NB. It was translated into english by someone called Dr. Wedad Abbas.
My question is this:
1) What is the concept of 'The Deification of Man'?
2) What do we believe regarding this issue?
3) Are there indeed any errors in the book by the late Holy Father?
4) And if so, are they fundamental or 'translatory'?
5) What the qualifications of the translator, Dr. Wedad Abbas?
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not vomit huge slabs of info paste them in the response box. I cannot follow your train of thought. Please answer the 5 subquestions in the order above and be direct and precise.