midnight praises (tasbeha) in holy 50

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hi every1,

well i have 2 questions:

1. i always thought tennav was sung in more or less the same tune as toty afhoos (1st canticle).......i heard a recording recently of HICS on this website and they said it a bit weird....the chorus said a part then ibrahim ayad said a part then the chorus said the end. When the chorus sang they sang it in a tune which sounded like "o vi itkhen pi ehoo" from 6th hr of good friday.....and when ibrahim ayad sang it was with the tote afhoos tune... is that how its meant to be??? or which way is right?

2. tenoweh ensok: if its said in the long tune......are the four 1st verses the same as annual and then the last two in the doxology happy tune?

i would appreciate everyones help.

thanks

god bless

Peter

Comments

• 1: I dont know about the HICS recording, but its always chanted in the same tune as Ten theeno/First Canticle.

2: For Ten oweh there's 3 tunes. The first is long and is the same as the Festal Sheraat tune (see links underneath for recordings of festal sheraat). The second tune is the one as when u would start psalm 150, or the long festal tune for Shere ne o ti parsenos (beginning of the doxologies). The third tune is the festal doxology tune.

Tune 1 for first and second verse (ie festal sheraat tune):

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_1.html

Tune 2 for third and fourth verse (ie festal intro to the doxologies tune):

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Nativity/Ibrahim_Ayad/Matins.html

Tune 3 for fifth and sixth verse (same as any festal doxology)
  • huray, i found u a recording of the festal ten oweh enthok by cantor Faheem Girgis:

http://www.coptichymns.net/mod-hymns-catview-pid-96.html

mind the website, it's kinda messy at the moment, but u can still listen to the files
  • thanks very much......
    how about the saturday lobsh said after the theotokia......normally thats meant to be in the ten oweh ensok annual tune.......in holy 50 does it keep the same tune or is it the same as the tune of the holy 50 tenoweh ensok?

Also in a full tasbeha done friday night so a saturday tasbeha basically is this the full order of things:
    1.agpeya
    2. tentheno
    3.tennav
    4.1st canticle
    5. khen o shot
    6.2nd canticle
    7. maren onh
    8.3rd canticle (incl. ismo ipchoic and hos erof)
    9.arepsalin
    10.ten oweh ensok
    11.commemoration of saints
    12.doxologies
    13.4th canticle
    14.saturday psali
    15.saturday theotokia
    16.saturday lobsh
    17.conclusion of watos theotokia
    18. keryalayson

is that right? or is there anything missing?
  • any Watos lobsh follows the tune of the Ten oweh inthok, in this case festal. The saturday Watos Lobsh is actually the "Sheraat" so u can follow the exact tunes/words as in the recording. This is also helpfull for any vesper praise on saturday night :)

the full order would be:

1.agpeya
    2. tentheno
    3.tennav
    4.1st canticle
    5. khen o shot

Gospel, shere ne Maria, Semoti, Shashf in sop untill Av moti

6.2nd canticle
    7. maren onh
    8.3rd canticle (incl. ismo ipchoic and hos erof)
    9.arepsalin
    10.ten oweh ensok
    11.commemoration of saints (untill Kiri Kladios)

12.doxologies (starting with Tote ron, fie etaf shansh and the doxology for Archangel Michael for the 50 days if there's time and Te met nishti)

13.4th canticle

Psali Watos for Resurrection (Alithos tennahti anon)

14.saturday psali
    15.saturday theotokia
    16.saturday lobsh (with the 3 tunes as in the sheraat recording)

let's not forget Nim ghar ;) (i'm not 100% certain that it's said after the lobsh, but it's said every day during the Khamseen, and on sundays tasbeha it's said before Nek nai, so i suppose it said before any Conclusion of the Theotokia

17.conclusion of watos theotokia (in the festal tune)
    18. Concluding Litany
  • wow.....

:o
    arent shere ne maria, semoti and shashf insop meant to be for sunday tasbeha only??

also how come in the commemoration of saints we only go till kiri kladios?

also how about the defnar?
  • in any weekday tasbeha u say after the first Hoos, the part of the Sunday Theotokia from the gospel of St Luke till the end of Av moti.
    Note that that gospel is from the Last service in the Midnight prayer from the Agbeya so it's logical that it should be read in any tasbeha.

The reason we say the commemoration until Kiri Kladios is not really clear to me either. Note that we say the whole commemoration untill the martyrs. Maybe we r just happy with the festal days, so we limit the amount of saints mentioned, or maybe we save time in order to chant the appropriate doxologies? I really cant remember ??? :-\
    This system goes for all Lordly feasts and the fifty days btw. Keep also in mind that u continue with the verse for the saints of the day etc.

The defnar is to be said after Nim ghar and before the Conclusion of the theotokia, but at my church we never read the difnar lol. It's also not available in english if i'm not mistaking, so that makes it kinda hard for most of us to read/understand it.

Btw: i'm not 10000000% sure bout the commemoration being said till Kiri Kladios during the fifty days, so if anybody else knows...It sure goes that way for the lordy feasts, and at our church we do the same for the fifty days as well.
  • what is the festal tune of the conclusion of watos theotokia???? ???
  • it follows the same tune as the doxologies. The Conclusion of the Watos theotokia always follows the same tune as the doxologies tune: festal, lent, kiahk, hosanna or annual.