Personal Relationship With God

edited September 2014 in Faith Issues
Help!
I do not have a personal relationship with God what so ever and i don't know how to fix it. I love God and i know He has done some amazing things in my life but i only turn to Him when i need something and then when i don't get it or something doesn't go my way i get pissed. There has been a lot of stuff going on in my life that has caused me to turn away from the church and personally when i was younger. I don't know what to do about. And yes i have a FOC but to be completely honest i don't tell him everything and I've even lied to him before. I know i have this huge hole in my heart that only God can fill and i don't know how to let Him do that so I've been seeking attention from other things and turning to earthly things. I know the answer I'm going to get is to pray but i don't know how to pray it fills empty to me.  i see people that have so much love for God and i hear all these stories of how people have found God and they are so happy and i want that. Ive prayed I've cried and screamed to have this and i still feel empty! I don't know what to do. I'm scared. i don't want to feel like this anymore. 

Comments

• this may help:

(it has been posted here before)

dear brother it is hard, but it is true that if you keep seeking you will find what you are looking for.
    start with a short prayer like 'our father' every day, and keep praying it, even if you feel nothing.
    fill your mind (computer, telephone, notice board) with pure things.

seek God, like someone would seek out a great treasure, setting all things aside in order to find the greatest treasure.
    may God guide you, and pray for me too.
  • edited September 2014
    -nvm