Jesus 2nd coming signs

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi everybody,

Does anyone see in today's world events the approaching of Jesus coming? If anyone has any comments it will be good to share it with the other people.

Also among the signs which Jesus said he mentioned the wars and earthquakes. These always happen from the first century, how can we distinguish between the normal wars and earthquakes and the ones Jesus mentioned as a sign of his second coming? Any suggestions?

Also please be careful, just mention the facts without trying to investigate the date of His arrival, since Jesus told us to look to these signs without trying to specify any future dates.

Thank you in advance.

Pray for me.

KF

Comments

• In my humble opinion, the 20th Century has seen the worst of things; more wars, more deaths, more earthquakes, and so on. Al though we had all of this from the beggining of the world, the 20th Century was one of the Centuries that has experienced this at such a huge amount. I had an ariticle I can get off one of my servants, and if you want, I can send it to you. It's a very helpful one.

Pray for me,
    Matt
  • The Bible tells you how Jesus will come in His second coming; on a cloud as a powerful king, and not as a baby born in a manger. It's really common sense; if Jesus is coming by this way, and the whole world will see it, then the anti-christ will come in a totally different way, thus knowing the signs to look for :)
  • If I can share my humble opinion. I believe that it is a devilish trick to be concerned about the end of times without preparing yourself for that time. When the disciples asked the Lord about the signs. He told them some of the signs mixed with the destruction of Jerusalem. Yet he said a very important thing, that not even the angels of heaven know the time and they are the servants of the Lord and most Holy. So He said what I say to you , I say to all Watch! Also, one last thing is the end of the world for anybody is His/Her last day on earth. So if we don't know that, we probably won't know the end of times. Let us concentrate on that day from teh perspective ' Are we ready to face God on that day?'

[email protected]
  • i guess all i can say is that when the time comes it will very clear to the believers as Enoch and Elijah, will come down from heaven and preach, then fight a beast and they shall die, and be lest for 3 and a half days, for the whole world to see.
    also the appearence of the antichrist, the false prophet, and the conversion of the jews...
    pretty hectic stuff, but i havent seen signs of them...
    may God enlighten you
    george
  • I hav never really undersdtood the concept of the second coming. All i know is that Enoch and Elijah will come down from the heavens, preach, and fight a wild beast, and die in war. I also know that there will be an antichrist that will preform miracles and us Chirstians shall not believe in him.

If any one could explain the rest to me... please do.
  • In response to this question, and to thoroughly be able to answer it, one must have read the bible inside out to really find the sequence of the right events. I personally havent read it but I have been to a wa3za for abouna ibrahim abdo from shobra who has given us very clear signs that we must look for before the second coming of Jesus Christ.
    Beside all the popular signs that we continually hear about like wars, earthquakes, famine and so forth; there are 5 other specific signs.
    While the first four signs are happening, a sinner still has a chance to repent and come back to God, but once the fifth one starts, God will accept no one.

The FIRST sign is leaving Christianity or leaving Christ and this can be found in THESSALONIANS 1ST, second chapter. You can read it but I will quickly explain it. It refers to all Christians who either leave Christianity for another religion or are christians by name with no work. And like abouna said, this has been happening for years.

The SECOND sign is when ALL Jews convert to christianity and this can be found in ROMANS 11:24-25. Abouna explained that this will happen when the jews will sacrifice the red cow and it will not be accepted. Yet there are alot of Jews who started believing in Christ since 1980 in the United states and they have a group called JEWS FOR JESUS.

The THIRD sign starts right after the Jews convert and its the beginning of the Anti-Christ. This can be found in THESSALONIANS 2ND chapter 2. He will be misleading people for 3 years and 6 months. This exact time frame is written in few places in the bible, one of which is revelations 11:2, "And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months."

The FOURTH sign comes during the last days of the Anti-Christ and it talks about the coming of Moses and Elijah. Most people believe that it will be Enoch but it actually explains in REVELATIONS 11:3-12 what will be happening in this sign.
    Revelations 11:6, "these have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike earth with all plagues, as often as they desire." This verse clearly explains that it will be Moses and Elijah. These verses explain that Moses and Elijah will come and fight the Anti-Christ and he will beat them and actually kill them and they will be left of the streets for three and a half days and no one will dare to touch them for fear of the anti-christ. After the 3 1/2 days God will grant them life again and ask them to join him in heaven.

During the last 4 signs like explained before, a sinner has a chance to repent and come back to Christianity. Once the last sign starts, there is no room for repentance.

The FIFTH and LAST sign is the actual coming of Christ. and this can be found in MATTHEW 24:30, "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven and then all tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on clouds of heaven with power and great glory." The sign of the Son of Man, which is the cross will appear in heaven and all will see it and thats when we know its the end of all suffering and the beginning of judgement and a great life with our Lord Jesus. And also in Matthew 25:1, " Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins ......" and he specifically mentioned this parable to let us know that once he has come there is no chance for repentance. We had all the time in the world to come back to him but we were to busy.

May we all be ready for the blessed coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I hope this brought a different light to all of you on the topic of the second coming, if anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask me.
    God Bless you
    Lillian
  • That can't be true because Moses already died and Enoch didn't. It says in the bible that in the end of time everyone shall die. So Moses can't be the one that fights the wild beast at the end of time, it has to be Enoch and Eiljah
  • Hey Matt, please send me the article. Regarding the whole end of the world thing. The signs have evident for the last 3 centuries. It is something that we can not say is going to happen, or is not going to happen. Remeber, that God has no time. We should be prepared at all times, or we'll be like the unwise virgins!!! Take care ya'all.
  • Hi Matt,

Could you please post your article instead of sending it individually so that all of us could read it and learn.

Thank you and may God bless you.

Pray for me.

KF
  • Hi all,
    The 2 prophets have to be Elija and Enoch because they are the only prophets that didn't die. That verse you are talking about doesn't say who are they and it doesn't really show whether it's Elija or Enoch or Moses. We beleive they are Elija and Enoch because again they are the only prophets that didn't die.

In regard to that everyone will die, that's also wrong and not right. St. Paul said:" A secret I give to you, not all of us die but all of us will change." Meaning that the people that are still alive at the time of the second coming, and while the angels are gathering God's chosen people, will change their form. They change their bodies from earthly bodies to glorified body.

Any question, let me know........

Paul
  • Thats what i said before. Anyway i hav one more question about the reply by ishenouda. It said that ALL jews will convert to Christians. What do you mean by that? Do you mean every single Jew in the world will convert or only a certain number?

john
  • Yes. I also heard that all jews would repent and recognize that Jesus is the Messiah they were looking for. But this would happen after the rejection of their sacrifice. Then, they will discover that they spent thousands of years hating Jesus but He is the true Messiah they were waiting for and who was prophesized in their Torah without knowing Him. Then they will turn their eyes towards Jesus "whom they pierced" and beleive in Him and the prophecy in
    John 19:37 will be accomplished.

But, of course, all Jews mean only true Jews because many of them would still refuse to belive in Jesus.

I even heard that before the end, not only Jews but all mankind will belive in Jesus. (But I am not sure about it, may be someone could correct me if I am wrong).

Thank you.

Pray for me.

KF
  • Hi Karfaw,
    Im not so sure that Jews hate Jesus. They put Him in the same category as most other religions, a Holy Prophet. The second coming does not involve just the repentance of the Jews, but also of anyone who does not believe in Christ and follow Him, including Christians!
  • Hi Peter,

Jews hate Jesus and do not consider Him as a Holy Prophet. On the contrary, they consider Him a false prophet and do not believe in Him at all. That's why they are waiting the Messiah until now.

Pray for me.

KF
  • Karfaw,
    I agree with you on all points except one: I do not think that Jews hate Christ. I personally think that Jews dislike Christians. Not a hate of Christians, just a dislike. This is just my opinion. I'd appreciate other views from other people on this topic.
  • Hi Banoub,

But if Jews don't hate Jesus so why did they crucify Him on the Cross?

Thank you and pray for me.

KF
  • "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." Matthew 24:36
    ..i don't know if we're meant to analyze when it's coming..i think we're just to be ready whenever it is.. regardless of if it's now... or not in our lifetime.

"Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming--in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning-- lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!" Mark 13:35-37
    -mary
  • Karfaw,
    This is a very touchy topic because different people have different takes on this question. My personal belief is that Jews crucified our Savior because they felt betrayed - He came into Jerusalem and the Jews saw him as the next earthly king who would take rule from the Romans. But He was the Heavenly King of Eternity. Because they believed in Him for the wrong reasons from the start, once He started telling them "My kingdom is not of this world" they began to feel betrayed and this led to His crucifixion. I also believe that all these things happened to fulfill the scriptures and prophecies. Jews were meant to feel betrayed, meant to lead Him to be crucified, and were meant to not be able to walk in the True Light. My prayers are with you KF. :) What are your views on this topic?
  • [quote author=Peter Gergis link=board=1;threadid=149;start=0#msg929 date=1082993515]
    Hey Matt, please send me the article. Regarding the whole end of the world thing. The signs have evident for the last 3 centuries. It is something that we can not say is going to happen, or is not going to happen. Remeber, that God has no time. We should be prepared at all times, or we'll be like the unwise virgins!!! Take care ya'all.

Hi Matt,

Could you please post your article instead of sending it individually so that all of us could read it and learn.

Pray for me.

KF

I can post it. I just first have to get it off my servant, and then post it. Can you guys wait a lil?
    And sorry for the delay, but my computer isn't acting normal.

Pray for me,
    Matt
  • Hi Matt,

Yes we can wait no problem. But just do not forget to post it when you get it.

Pray for me.

KF
  • Hi Banoub,

I wish I was wrong and you were right. Believe me I was going to be very happy if this happens. But unfortunately I don't think so. But anyway, we have to pray for all people to know Jesus and to accept Him as their Saviour and Lord before it becomes too late for them.

Pray for me.

KF
  • Yes, our prayers should include them. May God continue to enlighten our minds and spirits and permit those who have not tasted the Good Fruit to approach Him and worship Him in all fear and love.

In Humility,
    -Chris
  • hi! im new to this topic and find this a very interesting topic. I know many Jewish people and they all have told me that they consider Christ as a prophet, not the messiah (apparently). hope this helps
  • Hi egyprincess,

This may be on a personnal level not for all Jews. Because if a Jew belives in Jesus, he won't be Jew anymore but will become Christian.

However, I found lately a site where some of them believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The site is :
    www.JewsforJesus.com

But I do not know if they continue to remain Jews or they become Christians after believing in Jesus.

Thank you and pray for me.

KF
  • i was recently reading revelations and one thing that caught my eye was that it said that one third of the people would be tortured and they would want death but they will not get it. "And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them." (Revelations 9:5-6)
    also, "God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind." (Rev. 9:14-15)
    is this really going to happen like literally, and if it is does anybody think that that has started?

pray for me
  • I thank you guys for waiting. I just finished school, yet haven't had time before to post the article. I am emailing the person as we speak now so that I can post it up here for everybody to read.

Thanks again for your patience, and pelase forgive me,
    Matt
  • I believe we wil see Jesus in our life-time , no one knows the day or the hour but we do have a time frame. In Matthew chapter 24 Jesus talks about the Fig tree, throughout the bible the fig-tree is Israel he said when the fig tree blossoms which happned in 1948 , and gives forth leaves which happend in 1967 , ye shall know summer is nigh even at the door , (Matthew 24:34) verlily i say unto you this generation shall not pass till all these things be fullfileld. WE KNOW FOR 100% WE ARE THE LAST GENERATION. Israel was not a nation for almost 2000 years and we saw her birth in one day. amazing !

• There is coming a much worse dictator than Hitler, and he will rule the European Union which is what Hitler tried to do during his conquest-create a European UnionEU...there is NO difference between this EU and the one we see almost complete today. this final person is the anti-christ. Hitler branded numbers on the forearms of Jews at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp' for ID purposes If a microchip implant had of been available, he would have more than likely used that instead as a means to identify who the people via the massive data base the chip would contain about you
  • hmm not scary as long as you are a follower and beliver in our Lord Jesus christ. all who hold steadfast to the faith will be spared from Revelations, when the first Judgment day happned it was the flood , But God Told Noah to build an ark and to go inside. Noah was warning the people that Gods wrath was about to hit , and to come into the ark , they laughed at him , so Noah and his family and anmials went into the ARK. Today the ARK is our Blessed Lord Jesus , being under is protection and provision , now there are many theories has to how we will be spared but we know 100% we will, read (Revelation 3:10) so when the judgment of revelation begins we are spared , some christians will go throw the judgments but wil be saved during that great time of wrath by repenting.
  • The Bible foretells that the Temple of Solomon as in the Old Testament will be built 3 times then the end of the world shall come shortly after. It has already been built twice and is about to be built again. But as we can see the temple mount is a little crowded right now , it might be built adjecent to the dome of the rock. either way we know it will cause a huge problem God warns that it will cause all muslim nations including China and Russia to invade and attack Israel (Zecheriah 14:2-5 )
    *** see (Ezekiel 38:17-23) (Ezekiel 39:1-9) (Joel 3:9-16) Israel is ground zero for Armagedon (Revelation 16:16) but as we see in the verses such as Zecheriah 14:2-5 it says Then shall the LORD go forth and fight against those nations , as when he fought in the day of battle. The LORD will destroy all who try to destroy his people (Ezekiel 25:17)