New Monastery!

Agape, Brothers and Sisters,

Today, I received great joy when a friend sent me an email about a New Monastery opening up in Canada. God's favor is shown on us Canadians in allowing for the opening of a new monastery in Perth Ontario (near Ottowa), and even bigger favor by giving us Bishop Makaroious of El Menya to be the Abbott of this monastery. God's favor is further revealed in the naming of this monastery after the Great Abba Antony who's prayers we ask for always!

This link will lead you to the new webpage for the monastery. It is scheduled to open this February. Please remember the project in your prayers, and spread the joy to others. If you are able to donate, take the blessing!

God be with you!

Ray

Comments

• Great, now all we need to do is put a black galabiya on you and then it will be an even bigger blessing.

Congratulations to all you people up North.

Mare Vnou] jwk `mpef`mcou `e]kanada qen piabyt `nte piagioc Antionioc viwt `nnimona,oc nem nieu,y `nnyeouab `ntaf nem nenio] `nar,iepickopoc Abba :eoudoroc nem niklyroc tyrou
  • Bishop Makaroious of El Menya to be the Abbott of this monastery.

Wow !! A mega saint among us !!!   

Is he gonna be permanently relocated or just transferred for the period of the monastery start-up and commissioning?

• Great, now all we need to do is put a black galabiya on you and then it will be an even bigger blessing.

May God protect his church from covering me in clerical clothes LOL. But thanks for the kind wishes brother! Maybe one day, you'll wake up covered in Black yourself, and then the church will receive that big blessing you speak of!

Mare Vnou] jwk `mpef`mcou `e]kanada qen piabyt `nte piagioc Antionioc viwt `nnimona,oc nem nieu,y `nnyeouab `ntaf nem nenio] `nar,iepickopoc Abba :eoudoroc nem niklyroc tyrou

Amen! Amen! Amen! [quote author=Stavro link=topic=14725.msg166553#msg166553 date=1385072842]

Bishop Makaroious of El Menya to be the Abbott of this monastery.

Wow !! A mega saint among us !!!   

Is he gonna be permanently relocated or just transferred for the period of the monastery start-up and commissioning?

As I understand it, he will be the permanent abbot. I doubt he will live there, but he will certainly spend much time there. But I totally agree, brother! This man is an Angel in human flesh. Athanasius raised from the grave!

Ray
  • So cool! Exciting :)

As I understand it, he will be the permanent abbot. I doubt he will live there, but he will certainly spend much time there. But I totally agree, brother! This man is an Angel in human flesh. Athanasius raised from the grave!

Ray

By looking at the site, it doesn't seem like he will be abbot! He will only start the monastery. HG will "supervise the overall development of the monastery including the administrative and financial matters as well as accepting and enrolling monks."

Nonetheless, either outcome is quite exciting !
  • Just curious- why does HH appoint Bishops who have responsibilities in Egypt to take care of monasteries here in North America. For example, HG Bishop Botrus for two monasteries in the US and now Bishop Makarious?
  • ReturnOrthodoxy and Doc Rem as moderators?!?  :o
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=14725.msg166581#msg166581 date=1385416936]
    ReturnOrthodoxy and Doc Rem as moderators?!?  :o

RO will do a great job as he does in all areas of his life.
  • [quote author=Stavro link=topic=14725.msg166582#msg166582 date=1385418158]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=14725.msg166581#msg166581 date=1385416936]
    ReturnOrthodoxy and Doc Rem as moderators?!?  :o

RO will do a great job as he does in all areas of his life.

Thank you very much, Stavro :D It is awesome to have you as a friend and teacher :D

TITL! Welcome back to the forums (I hope). I think you'll find them more beneficial than before (I hope lol). I miss reading your thoughts!

Ray
  • i was hoping to start the first monastery in canada, but in new brunzwick :(