Coptic Church being attacked by Catholics and EO

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Has anyone seen this?
http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/copts_orth.aspx

There are some elements of the Roman Catholic Church and Greek/Russian Churches still insisting that we are monophysite.

I've never been been taught that Christ's Divinity consumed His Humanity leaving one Divine Nature in the person of Christ. Have you?

How are we meant to repent "with a contrite spirit" (as the author of this article suggests) for something we haven't done??

What is the hatred accusing us of something that we never were??

What is going on?

How do we answer them? They are causing other Catholics/Orthodox to hate us.

I'm so sad about this situation.

Comments

• I have read this website before, and if you read the article, as well as many other articles available on there, it is clear that they have NO grasp on theology whatsoever. They are illiterate in theology, but are the remnent of a racist derivative. Once that generation of uneducated, racist "Christians" die out, we will have true unity. Pray for unity, for the change of heart of those who attack true theology as heresy, and pray that God destroy those who oppose his Church.

Ray
  • [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=14689.msg166323#msg166323 date=1382400925]
    I have read this website before, and if you read the article, as well as many other articles available on there, it is clear that they have NO grasp on theology whatsoever. They are illiterate in theology, but are the remnent of a racist derivative. Once that generation of uneducated, racist "Christians" die out, we will have true unity. Pray for unity, for the change of heart of those who attack true theology as heresy, and pray that God destroy those who oppose his Church.

Ray

Im afraid you are sadly correct. These people have no hope. I pray that God takes them speedily. There are Catholics going around accusing us of heresy that we are Monophysites.

What kind of human being could be so wicked to start spreading lies about a Church like this? From the Catholic perspective, it seems that its because we are not under the Pope of Rome and that is infuriating them... as if we are trying to "overtake" or "replace" a leader. Their supremacy of the Pope dogma is killing us.

Their Church has become more of an association / or political body rather than a spiritual entity of any sort. They'll drag us into their political games if we were ever to unite based on their Pope being our head.

Its so hard to be Coptic. We are being attacked by Islamists from the East;  from the North by EO zealots accusing us of Monophysism, and from the West by Catholics and Protestants.

I think the only people whom I trust are muslims. Catholics only seem to be befriending us (as well as protestants) - not because we are brothers to them, but they hate Islam more than they hate us.

How on earth could these "Churches" have ever originated from Christ?? They are a menace.
  • [quote author=dthoxsasiPhilanethrope link=topic=14689.msg166320#msg166320 date=1382393331]
    http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/copts_orth.aspx

This sounds like it was written by the Muslim Brotherhood.