confession

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I just confessed today and it felt great, but after confession, i realized that I didn't say all of my sins, so if you confess and you forget some sins, does God forgive the ones that you forgot too??

Comments

• write them down... and say them next time you confess... it not forgiven untill you say 'em or forget them forever... so write them down and confess them next time you confess...
  • actually if u forget some sins they are forgiven because in the absolution when abouna prays on you he says "forgive the sins which have been remembered and not remembered" or something liek that
    MAY GOB BLESS YOU AND PRAY 4 ME ;D
  • whats the holy spirit telling you to do? if you feel guilty, write them down and confess them later, if you feel you've been completely forgiven, maybe you were.
  • What if you purposely don't confess a certain sin you are ashamed of? Is it still forgiven?
  • i actually had that once, i was so embarassed and i told my priest i was really embarassed and i just started crying and it was all very intense lol and he just said that it was forgiven but that if i ever came up with the courage to actually say it, that i should.
  • Hi every body:
    We have to confess by all our sins ....
    There is a say I think all of us know it said
    " if we remember our sins then god forget it and if we forget our sins then God remember it "
    And ofcorse all of us need from god to forget and forgive us our sins so we have to remeber it and confess
    and we do not have to feel shuy when when we go to abona to confess becuse abona know we all of us are sinners and he got alot of people they already confess befor by the same sins
    and he will give us a good advice to be away from the sins .
    God bless all of us amen.

• Thank You and if you guys could be so kind to answer one more question of mine.
    You do need to clear all complications with the sin before confessing it right? You need to abandon it with all your heart and truly want to return to Christ our Lord and without confession this reconciliation wouldn't be right?
  • hay luke90 welcome to this site ;)

yes that is right you should repent and never want to do it again if u dont do that yes without confession it dont work. absolutely correct u c 1 of the sacraments r repentance and confession
    good question by the way

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • hey guys,
    i just want to say how do i get my sister to stop telling me every sin that i do and have done. And when i come to tell her about her sin she gets ANGRY. >:( SHE IS REALLY ANNOYING.
  • hay horse welcom eto the site
    lol tell her its none of her business and its between you and God as God is the judge not her lol do do it back though then it wood make you look lyke a hypocrite and set an example also tell her that she should look at her mistakes before she tells you your mistake (in the Bible somewhere i dont no where but sorry)
    lol your funny i hope i helped
    GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • its great she always reminds you of your sins... you should be thankful... because you will always have your true nature infront of you eyes... believe me its a blessing... thank God.
  • Hey I think you are right socoolbishoy
    and you horse your sister i think she love you and I think she like you to be a perfect with no sin that's why she do this with you .

and may be she was shuy from you when you do the same with her.
    but she dose not wanna apper as she in a weak condition.
    I think you are luck cuz you has a sister like her and she is lucky cuz she got you.
    God bless.
  • My abouna just asks did u Zaalt Rabena ? and i say yes
    and then he just prays for me then he tells me how to fight sin back and then he prays for me
  • Woa, that's awesome but is it right? I mean, aren't you supposed to say what you did and stuff?
  • hey all
    wel i always thought that if u forget 2 say some sins, they aernt forgiven because you havnt admited it. so u actualli have to say the sin and admit it in order for jesus 2 forgive u.
  • hay
    isnt it forgiven if u porposely forget it but if u forgot it accidently it is forgiven but u have to b careful like always rite it down

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • I found this....

"If we inadvertently forget to confess a sin when we confess to our spiritual father, are we still forgiven for that sin through the absolution?

Our beloved Coptic Church has always encouraged its faithful to confess all sins. If you know you have committed a sin, any specific sin, do not hide it but confess it before coming to the Holy Eucharist. St Paul wrote, "Let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup." (1 Corinthians 11:28) and "If we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged." (1 Corinthians 11:31)

Further in His mercy, God provides the Sacrament of Repentance to give us deliverance from sin and from what is commonly called denial. It is far more effective to confess everything aloud to God before a priest, and benefit from his guidance and assistance.

Confession should also be contemplated upon before entered into. This is a Sacrament not to be taken lightly but if we forget any sin inadvertently, this sin will be forgiven and if remembered later on, should be confessed.

When we tell God absolutely everything, naming all our sins and failures, we resolve more fervently to "go and sin no more" (John 8:11)."
    http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=73&catid=83

Hope that helps, peace and God bless!
  • hey all

im not sure if this was mentioned previously but here's my 0.5 cents on this matter...

i was told that it is important to confess everything we remember, but, if in our own human nature we forget a sin, God will understand.

He knows of our weak nature and in His Mercy and Compassion will forgive us our sins that we forget about and dont confess because we forgot that we committed that specific sin -- as long as we're not trying to forget that sin on purpose as to avoid confessing it.

forgetfulness is in human nature, so our Lord does understand that and takes it into account....

to avoid forgetting sins try writing them down - sit with yourself at the end of the day and go over what you've done wrong, and write everything down, that way you wont forget anything and have even the small sins that are easily forgotten on paper....

anyways, hope this wasn't too confusing

take care and God bless
  • good stuff crazycopt and mansour89 that was heeps good ;) :D

GB ALL
    +FROG+

• can one mention general sins, even if u dont remember an incident ? eg: like being a hypocrite,at one point u must have been. i know that st. athanasious confessed disturbing people at mass when he was a baby.

question 2
    if u tell abuna that u talked about someone for example and u said this bc u felt guilty about having said something certain. must u go back and confess gossoping if u remember another incedent in ur past?
    wouldnt that mean u have to confess like a billion things, cant u use a general "I lied abuna" to cover the hole shibang?

lastly, i believe that mentioning forgotten sins is irrelevant to the point of confession. which we all know there are many points to confession. confessing to urself, god, and the one u wronged. Abuna is also a main point but one would be ignoring the purpose of the other three to just focus and lament over one. gods not hitler, he gets u more than u get urself, so dont sweat it my bretheren!