please for my souls sake answer this question and take it seriously

edited February 2013 in Faith Issues
Can a christian who holds the unending duration of hell ever succeed in fields which require collaboration such as engineering, medicine, pharmacy etc and being a very successful business man?

you would think so because people will help you because they are afraid of God.. but most people do not fear this hell as they don't believe a good God could do that.

I know one way I would like to take for my soul's sake which is to leave everything for God. But that would mean nothing to God if people still believe I have not renounced my beliefs of mercy for atheists

still many would go to eternal hell

perhaps my reward of loving people is to be rich

but if I choose this way there is no going back to witnessing to the "christian" concept of hell without any shame

I feel God is forcing me to be merciful as I need people in this world when I am old to look after me. You know suicide is not an option for me because of the denomination which I grew up in which is coptic orthodoxy

unfortunately I do not have faith that God will provide someone to help me in this matter
Please LORD help me

I have no choice for my children and parent's sake but to leave that doctrine
yet my parent's don't mind holding it. They say do not interfere in God's business. You can't tell God what to do my dad says

And for my sake as I believe the way to win souls is to love them and do charity work and give them gifts

you could say I am a coward but God is really making my way hard. I am not a coward there is no solution to my problem

Even if I renounce my beliefs which is what I really want to do now. (ignoring the fact I have destoryed my dreams and wasted my parents money and I will have no kids with no money to support them)
noone will believe I renounced them and perhaps I will be a bad person to be around with a temper

however I just realised the christian life is very hard to live with my scruples. I feel I am responsible for people going to hell if I play my xbox online.

Nearly everything leads others to hell

I am already giving up on following those doctrines as they are not practical

Right now I am getting a fainting spell and I am going to order food online but I am condemning myself but I am going to buy anyway I feel no way out.

Comments

• you see beloved people there is always new rules we must follow. The rules never end
    thats why we must submit to the righteousness of God
    otherwise we will faint. I don't know one orthodox who truly knows His dad in heaven is not going to reject him
    there is no way which seems easy and light according to Jesus words "for my yoke is easy and my burden is light"
  • You see unless we submit to the righteousness of God in Christ we can not have peace
    I think by avoiding worldly ambitions I will gain salvation but inside I will feel condemned for not using my talents.
    Well I guess my talent will be praying for the lost and if some man is calling me lazy I must ignore him atleast I am witnessing for christ. But have you not heard that those who provide not for their own are worse than an unbeliever? which is why I choose singleness for now

everyone makes up their own way to salvation. However everyone is lacking in some commandment
    but they want to convince others their way is simple and perfect.

you will always find someone condemning you for something that you haven't quite made it to heaven
    you can't even pray before an icon you are unworthy

you see a man will tell you to go work you can not fail unless you are a sinner we are praying for you but the reason you are failing is holding these doctrines

where is the assurance God gave to the believer it is gone by the apathetic careless neglecters in handling God's words

the preachers keep changing what they preach making the road unclear not loosening the burdens of the confused. One day we must preach the gospel one day we must not.

Not even a monk can have peace unless he rests in God's never ending assuring compassion and understanding
    can you all agree on one way which leads to salvation from eternal torments?
    I know you will keep shifting so as to keep a man in torment all the days of his life
    which I suppose some have even become violent by their conflicts and non peaceful
  • did you know that we have many priests who do not agree on the same things? some say preach some not? so how can you know how to be saved?
    you can not know until you rest in the multitude of God's compassion and understanding
    as long as you seek to follow commands that are not subject to discussion
  • it seems some people think the only thing we must do to be saved is to witness to Christ and His judgement to unbelievers but then they say you must avoid way too many things which may not even be possible but they justify the things they do which seems questionable but condemn what you do
  • don't worry about other people, God is taking care of them.
    spend some time studying, some time praying and some time on the computer.

please take the advice of your priest and your doctor.
    when your thoughts are rushing around so much, it is hard for other people on the forum to know how to answer, so we can't help you as well as your priest and doctor can.

but we will pray for you. God loves you very much.

• Your salvation is the avenues God opened for you. It is your chose to take them and follow them.
  • Repentance is a means to leave things behind that you can go forward. I am praying for you to go forward Mike.

I am going to find a verse for you, that you can focas on and try not to let the other thoughts enter.
      The positive things I see is your hope in God and that you are strong because you never give up. These
      are good things.

If you go to heaven, you won't have these problems and your hope will be rewarded then you will
      glorify Him.

Please don't fear your weakness as the fear of it alone will keep you in it.

• Mike,
    I was once frantically obsessed with many of these issues, but the Holy Savior says: "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me. For I am meek and gentle of heart and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
    The Holy Ghost has taught me that whenever I have confusion, a very bad day, or feel depressed, I must immediately pray for my fellow Christians who are having the same or worse conditions.  It will begin to create empathy in your soul and you will think more of others rather than your own problems. Coptic Priest Anthony Messeh said: "humility is not thinking less of yourself (low self esteem); true humility is thinking about yourself less (and others more!)." That really works, trust me.

• Thanks I will try to apply this