Whoever does not take up his cross and follow God is unworthy of God

edited January 2013 in Faith Issues
Jesus said it himself. You may be holding a few beliefs about God but that can't stop you from obeying Him. You can't use it as an excuse to sin
It remains that for God to destroy the souls of the disobedient is possible  "Fear Him who is able to destroy body and soul in hell"
perishing in the sense of ceasing to exist is possible even non physical torture but seperation from knowing of paradise by experience i.e eternal damnation may exist I can not say it doesn't God has not proven to me it doesn't
Yet even still I feel those who insist on these doctrines without sensitivity are not right with God
it seems they don't want to submit to them but they want to torture others with them
these can all be preached but I think we should confess as a church that even these are not the only hope given in the scriptures. We make God as a monster to the outsiders. How can we convince them to do anything for us if everyone of us are so unsensitive to them not getting over their loved ones. How will that comfort others?
why should we deny the gospel of God if that is what we are doing intentionally
we are not doing our duty to mankind if we hide all the loving verses of God and we just hurt ourselves
infact I think we are just being lukewarm I may have made up that is lukewarmness

Comments

• In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, one God Amen.

I pray my Lord that You lift the weight of obligation from the shoulders of my kind brother Mike that the
      Holy Spirit guides him close to You my Lord. Have mercy upon him.

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord bless him. Amen.
      Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, one God Amen.

I pray thankfully,

Our Father who art in heaven
      Hollowed be Thy name
      Thy kingdom come
      Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
      Give us this day our daily bread
      And forgive us our trespasses
      As we forgive those who trespass against us
      And lead us not into temptation
      But deliver us from the evil one
      Through Jesus Christ our Lord
      For Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory