The youth of the coc are hard to talk to

edited January 2013 in Faith Issues
Playing tricks in order to avoid making a stranger come to them often the girls like those who ignore people and are drawn to the easily sociable

I am saying my experience from 3 years ago

Comments

• Dear MikeforJesus,

I often find it hard to understand your posts, not because of their content but because of the unstructured sentences and jumbled up words. If English isn't your first language then I understand but please do put an effort in articulating your points more clearly. You seem to have started typing in the middle of your thoughts.

As for your post, from what I understood, yes some Coptic Orthodox youth are hard to deal with, no question about that. I find the problem to be social cliques. Constrained friendship circles that only associate with their own type.
    I've learned to accept that as I've grown to understand it's all fear and anxiety on their side. The most confident people are also fighting their own battles. Arrogance is a compensation for something else, whether it be low self-esteem or just frail emotions that are hidden deep. In the end of it all I started to understand/apply more clearly the maxim of St Abba Kyrillos the 6th, which I think he borrowed from St Isaac the Syrian which states "Love everyone one but distance yourself". It's better to just have a few close friends.

As for girls liking arrogant men, if I understood your sentence correctly, it is best to stay away from those generalizations, although I don't blame you for seeing it that way. But I assure you, and I hope I'm right, that most women aren't like that.
    I believe it's not really the arrogance that they're liking. If you analyze the situation better, it's usually the confidence that seeps out of the personality that women like, which is fused with arrogance, but most women won't see that when they're head over heals for someone.
    Either way, trust God, have faith in His plan for you.
    Partake of the Eucharist, heed your FOC's advice and continually nourish yourself with the Holy Scripture and the contemplations/instructions of the fathers.
  • Thanks I will think about it but I think there is a real issue
  • I agree with Orthodoxy on the comments about mike's sentences. You should really read more than write and listen more than you talk. It is then you would be precise about things.
    It is actually not only mike's problem but these all generation, we rush in everything. Calmness and silence by themselves answer almost 90% of our questions. We should also care about what we write especially in such spiritual websites.
    All the caffeine, sugar, coke, chocolate, junk foods we eat also contribute a lot to how our brains think and process things. Fasting is the solution for such problems.
  • probably you were one of those difficult youth to talk to.
    I am not going to always defend myself
  • There are ofcourse others outside the COC who are extremely impossible to talk to but you which comes to the temple everyday to find out how to preach your faith
  • If I listen to binC and thereby give my self to working quietly and minding my own business I will be successful or blessed
    I am unfortunately seeing perhaps 60% of my problem is myself lacking basic social skills if they were advanced social skills you are still to blame